Page 315 of 427 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by hagay View Post
    I also looked for PID to start with but after trying I found it easier to just follow the step by step guide
    http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Do...ing+-+tutorial
    thank you.
    Ethlaby posted some in page 308. going to try those and start from there.

Quote Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
    Have you flown any copters before? If not I would start with something like a stock flamewheel first and learn to fly it well LOS. Then you can move everything over to the TBS frame. The DJI Naza is a really good controller for a beginner.
    Just playing around with a tricopter. Still trying to get it setup though after its crash.

Hi,
    I decided Im going to replace all the screws on Disco ... they are very soft, i have two or three damaged screws
    Disco arms - M2,5x5
    Spacers - M3x6
    TBS Motors - M3x8

Do you guys known any online store that sells high quality screws ?

Navigator
    they are a bitch to find since they have to have that little shoulder on them, Trappy mentioned stocking new harder ones. Id pm or email TBS and see what they say, I had some leftover from the original 450 and 550 i had, they are a bit harder...

harder screws are inbound, ETA 5-10 days. We'll first test to see they are up to speed and will then offer very reasonable "screw upgrade" packages (think $2 shipped). sorry about this, guys, hope it's over with soon.

I'll post this just in case it helps someone in the interim before the upgraded screws are in stock: I was putting my Discovery together over the weekend and discovered (hence the name?) that when the screws bound up before being fully seated I could back them out, wipe off the threads, then put them back in and in most cases they'd go in just fine and hold securely. Not a perfect solution, but it seemed to work. Now we'll just wait and see if it survives the maiden...

Navigator

Cool TBS Discovery in a 1650 pelican case (fits my whole setup)

I just want to post some pictures of my setup. I hope its not too many pictures but its pretty neat. (especially the ground station with dvr on the back of a crosshair antenna lol)

Too bad 3 yellow leds literally went out on my as I was taking the pics, terabyte has more of those leds lol - no biggie

Yes the Dx6i has got to go one of these days - always something to upgrade lol

Very nice what series Pelican case is that ? I would love to get something nice and secure for traveling with my disco and gear eventually.

Actually the dx6 should be all you really need like that with the LRS. Looking great!
    ONE WITH THE MACHINE --> https://www.youtube.com/FPVFLYER

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post
    Very nice what series Pelican case is that ? I would love to get something nice and secure for traveling with my disco and gear eventually.
    Its a Pelican 1650 - somewhat expensive, but I wanted something nice, usually when I treat my stuff right, it treats me well in return (karma in inanimate objects lol) :-P