Page 313 of 427 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Quote Originally Posted by CodingTom View Post
    Well, already had my first crash after a midair malfunction

Luckily I was over grass and the electronics seem ok, just a broken arm. Post mortem seems to indicate that one of the bullets on an esc was at fault. Had come clean off the esc. Solder your bullets, people!
    Stock DJI motor I assume?

You are right CodingTom, maybe its the reason of my burn out ESC, maybe the bullets were not soldered well result in a defected fabric ESC !!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post
    Stock DJI motor I assume?
    No, TBS Discovery branded ESCs and 900kV motors. Motors and props seem fine, although one of the motors feels like it has some slop to it now (and has a similar ratchety sound as the one I posted the video of earlier in the thread). Have some bearings on the way.

Have gone around and generously filled all the ESC bullet cups with solder, hopefully won't be having any more issues! Unfortunately one of the ESCs seems to be fried - any motor attached to it just twitches rather than spinning up. My next TBS shipment can't get here soon enough!

Damn, That's not good guys...

Quote Originally Posted by MoRaLeSD View Post
    hey! Since you are familiar with the RCTimer you think the RCTimer A2830-14 750kV is better for 4s or these: RCTimer BC2836-11 750KV ?

I used the A2830-14 750kV on a Tricopter with 3s and 10x4.7 props and was good. I also have the BC2836-11 750KV on 4s and 10x4.7 in a Y6. What would be better for the Discovery? Is my only thing I need to know so I can complete my orders. Is 750 wrong and need more kv or different propellers? This is my first Quad so I don't know if setups are the same like Tricopters. Naza-M the controller.

Motor (KV-Size), propellers and Battery is what I need to know! Thanks!
    Im actually running RCtimer 750kv motors on my disco with 4S Turnigy 4000mA 20C-30C and 10x4,7 APC ... You cant go wrong with this setup, even that my battery is inferior to some better performing batteries that many of the more experienced pilots are using, like nanotech's 45C etc. I found my disco pretty agile and its a cheap setup (motors & props ) for its great performance on the Disco.
    Less KV means you can expect more torque from the motors, usually beaing capable of spinning bigger props than other higher kv motors, for this aplication i would recomend low kv motors, 750 to 700 is great for the disco, motors going for lower KV's you are gonna find them a little more expensive, it all depends on your budget, your flying style etc. Since you mention that this is your first quad, go for the cheap setup first, RCTimers 750's APC props etc. then when you gain a little more confidence and experience think about some tiger motors and Graupner E props!
    Don't worry if it doesnt fly, certainly with the prop on it it will look like it does!

Quote Originally Posted by CodingTom View Post
    Post mortem seems to indicate that one of the bullets on an esc was at fault. Had come clean off the esc. Solder your bullets, people!
    I had the exact same problem with a TBS Esc, one bullet connector just fell off when i was installing the motors. I was lucky that it happened before I could do the first flight.

--
    S
    Cinestar 8/Mikrokopter, QAV550G/CC3D, DJI F450/NAZA+GPS, QAV400/CC3D

www.facebook.com/sickans.multicopter
    youtube.com/user/sickanlund
    vimeo.com/user13084509

Has anyone else put a right angle 24pin servo plug on the rear of the Disco and used shorter servo cables? I'm thinking about it as it would result in a cleaner looking build.

Thoughts? Photos if you've done it

Quote Originally Posted by sickan View Post
    I had the exact same problem with a TBS Esc, one bullet connector just fell off when i was installing the motors. I was lucky that it happened before I could do the first flight.

--
    S
    i have soldered my bullet directly to the esc before, i wanted to copy the look on the DJI esc, but i found out it is not worth doing, keep a small wire from esc to bullet, the bullet is easier to solder to a wire and then the wire to the esc.

The bullet directly connected to the esc is just for looks, all the flex that the cable gives you is gone with that Technic and can create problem.
    ZebroWings .com
    2Vision-Air .com

Quote Originally Posted by luilly3d View Post
    Im actually running RCtimer 750kv motors on my disco with 4S Turnigy 4000mA 20C-30C and 10x4,7 APC ... You cant go wrong with this setup, even that my battery is inferior to some better performing batteries that many of the more experienced pilots are using, like nanotech's 45C etc. I found my disco pretty agile and its a cheap setup (motors & props ) for its great performance on the Disco.
    Less KV means you can expect more torque from the motors, usually beaing capable of spinning bigger props than other higher kv motors, for this aplication i would recomend low kv motors, 750 to 700 is great for the disco, motors going for lower KV's you are gonna find them a little more expensive, it all depends on your budget, your flying style etc. Since you mention that this is your first quad, go for the cheap setup first, RCTimers 750's APC props etc. then when you gain a little more confidence and experience think about some tiger motors and Graupner E props!
    Yes I see, I will make the setup with RCTimers. But witch 750kv motors? The A2830-14 750kV (purple) or the BC2836-11 750KV (orange)?

From luilly3d's earlier posts he is using the 2830's, the 2836 motor uses a little more power so more torque also but with that in mind you would have to make sure the esc's and batt could handle the extra load.