Page 303 of 427 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

I found a good source in europa.

RCbearings

According to this thread for the rctimer 2830 we need for the top: 1/8"x5/16"x9/94" and for the bottom: 1/8"x3/8"x5/32" (inner x outer x width).

Cheers

p.s. basically if you have a 3.17mm (1/8") shaft it means that the motor has imperial bearings and if the shaft has metric dimensions like 3mm, 4mm and so on then the motor has metric bearings.
    Last edited by egosession; 25th November 2012 at 06:04 PM.
    FPV killed my bank account

Fly,crash,glue,repeat! Jake Bullit's Avatar
    Try Searching Boca bearings
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Quote Originally Posted by egosession View Post
    One suggestion in removing the bearing, take a metallrod and try from the bottom to knock it out slowly always rotating the position so it doesnt cant. Thats what I have in mind. Not sure about the heating. Maybe you could try to warm to motor in hot water and then use a ice spray on the bearing.

Another idea is, to take a shaft that is a little to big, put the shaft in the fridge and afterwards try to mount it to the bearing. If it sits really tight, then you could maybe pull the bearing out that way.

I want to replace my bearings aswell. I have the rctimer 2830 with 1000kv, but same model/size. So please let me know where you did get the bearings, (I m living in europa too) and how it worked out.

P.S. Rctimer has replacement bearings... but I m not sure about the quality. I mean, if I gona replace the bearings, then I dont want to put back the cheap ones into my motor.
    The bearings I suggested are drop in replacement for the 2830 750k, I already change them on mine once and it couldnt fit better, I got them from rcbearings.com ( U.S store ) .
    Good luck , also Boca Bearings sells them, but for their price you can buy 2 new motors , their bearings are superior ABEC 5

RC timer sells them too, in case you dont find anything else , i think they sell them for .99 cents /ea at least the last time i checked.
    Last edited by luilly3d; 25th November 2012 at 06:29 PM.

Navigator
    I found a good source in europa.

RCbearings

According to this thread for the rctimer 2830 we need for the top: 1/8"x5/16"x9/94" and for the bottom: 1/8"x3/8"x5/32" (inner x outer x width).

Cheers

p.s. basically if you have a 3.17mm (1/8") shaft it means that the motor has imperial bearings and if the shaft has metric dimensions like 3mm, 4mm and so on then the motor has metric bearings.

I agree, same shop that I mentionned. But it seems not possible to use the kit for E-flight park 400 as the external diameter is not the same for the two bearing, right ?

So, Luilly3d, if you still have the link for the set you ordered it will be interesting to check again. I saw the remplacement bearging from rctimer, they still have them for 1$ but I was hoping to get better ones..

Quote Originally Posted by luilly3d View Post
    The bearings I suggested are drop in replacement for the 2830 750k, I already change them on mine once and it couldnt fit better, I got them from rcbearings.com ( U.S store ) .
    Good luck , also Boca Bearings sells them, but for their price you can buy 2 new motors , their bearings are superior ABEC 5

RC timer sells them too, in case you dont find anything else , i think they sell them for .99 cents /ea at least the last time i checked.
    So you say RCtimer sells boca bearings or did you just mean they sell the needed type? Because what makes me worry buy bearings from rc timer is that they arent good quality.
    FPV killed my bank account

Got some air time with my Disco, it was windy has hell but i wanted to test the GP3 on 120 fps for slow motion

Enjoy.

ZebroWings .com
    2Vision-Air .com

So you say RCtimer sells boca bearings or did you just mean they sell the needed type? Because what makes me worry buy bearings from rc timer is that they arent good quality.
    Rcbearings sells them, also BocaBearings sells some ABEC 5 ( more expensive ), and RC Timer sells their own cheap replacements, i would go for the Rcbearings, they are like ABEC 3 and run pretty smooth, no problems at all. In the case you dont find them in stock, well you have the option of the cheap ones iwill try to fin the video that explains the change process, its pretty easy believe me .

Ok here it is, as you see its pretty easy, hope it helps!

Navigator
    Gothelirc.com have cheap abec5 bearings. Don't know if they're any good though

I ordered a Discovery from Getfpv's Cyber Monday sale to go with the MinimOSD I got from 3DR's Black Friday sale. It was a good expensive weekend. My only question is will I transfer a Crius flight controller and DT750 motors from the DJI Hex I just built. I am eying the APM 2.5 and save the Crius for a plane.

I'm just wondering do I need the CORE once it's back in stock.