Page 292 of 427 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

originally bought an apm. 2.5 to fly my disco with, if you want to fly in Acro mode they are not very good but they are good and stabilize mode I put it in a plane instead. Waiting for my revo becuase I know it will fly awesome in Acro mode when all is said and done. I asked on the DIYdrones website and they said nobody flies in Acro mode so they don't work on it

dallibab,

CC/CC3d settings for TBS 900Kv Motors and Graupner 9" props 4s3300mah.

Let me know what you think. Yaw is a bit loose, im thinking about trying diffrent props or shimming the motors to gain tail authority. Make sure you set up the radio calibration like i did with the 750kv motors.
    youtube.com/nue3nthlapy vimeo.com/enthlapy

DCowboy are those 3 cell Zippys? I need to get some more batteries.I have a bunch of 3cell 2200 and get somewhere around 5 minutes and I am definitely looking for more time and range.
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyZ99 View Post
    With that motor and prop, I'd go with a 4S battery. The 3300 gave me around 8 safe minutes.

I'm currently testing the Zippy Compact 5800, 5000 & 4000 and get roughly 15, 14, 10 safe minutes. However, My bird is a little on the heavy side. You have to consider the inertia and cg with a bigger battery, though. So... Hard to say... I would recommend a smaller battery to learn to fly as it is more agile, being less heavy. Once you're comfortable, then any size that fits would do

I am getting 10min out of a nanotech 4s 3000 batt, 11min if you push it.
    Be interesting to see a capacity-weight-flight time- graph and see what the optimal is.

the cable that goes between the LW 2.4 vtx and the discovery do I need to swap the white and yellow? stock its red black white yellow.. but i think it should be red black yellow white?

Quote Originally Posted by Enthlapy View Post
    dallibab,

Let me know what you think. Yaw is a bit loose, im thinking about trying diffrent props or shimming the motors to gain tail authority. Make sure you set up the radio calibration like i did with the 750kv motors.
    I see that you have adjusted the throttle curve a little, does that mean that you have it flat in the radio?

--
    S
    Cinestar 8/Mikrokopter, QAV550G/CC3D, DJI F450/NAZA+GPS, QAV400/CC3D

www.facebook.com/sickans.multicopter
    youtube.com/user/sickanlund
    vimeo.com/user13084509

Quote Originally Posted by Enthlapy View Post
    dallibab,

Thanks again.

I'm going to give these a go in a while, I'll let you know

Navigator
    I got my disco into FF today and am totally amazed at how solid it is in flight. I have been messing around with MultiWii boards since starting with MRs and have an All in One board with the Nav/GPS board mounted up and it has blown me away how well it flys and makes everything else I have tried look like a total POS.

Once the replacement TBS69 camera arrives for "Ol' Smokey" I'll give it a go with the Goggles.

A truly amazing bit of gear and a credit to the team at TBS!!!

Regards,

Lance

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I got my disco into FF today and am totally amazed at how solid it is in flight. I have been messing around with MultiWii boards since starting with MRs and have an All in One board with the Nav/GPS board mounted up and it has blown me away how well it flys and makes everything else I have tried look like a total POS.
    Would you mind letting me know some more details, like motors, props and battery size? I have the Crius AIO and am struggling with tuning, any chance you could post a screenshot of your settings?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyZ99 View Post
    I was getting to that conclusion also, having swapped motors but not esc to solve my back-left motion when punching out.
    I made some test Today with the swapped ESC and my tilt problem front/right moved to left/rear)-:
    Its obvious that my stability problem is related to the ESC's but I would have suggested to have a front/left tilt problem now by swapping both front ESC's.
    Lazy Motor Start moved with the ESC to the other side.

Will try to calibrate ESC next.