Page 197 of 427 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by fstclyz View Post
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

Which ESC's are the ones we want? I'll get them flashed after I get my hands on them.
    I'm not sure I want them before its compatibility problems with NAZA are resolved. See Trappy's thread here for the first one (HK F30). I'm not sure about the second one (Blue series).
    Last edited by Wise_Man; 13th September 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_Man View Post
    I'm not sure I want them before its compatibility problems with NAZA are resolved. See Trappy's thread here for the first one (HK F30). I'm not sure about the second one (Blue series).
    Who is telling you to buy them? I'm upgrading my cc3d system and am aware of compatibility issues. I just don't know which ones to get based on Simonk flashing. The blueseries are in stock in the USA finally for anyone needing them.

Navigator
    Voww, who is telling you I was told to buy them? Easy maann.. I am just after the best ESCs as everyone else. So far, my understanding is that I must go with a flashed one for the best performance. But, it seems that not all flashed ESCs are happy with NAZA (I don't have a smallest clue about other FCs). In fact, I would be so happy if someone stepped in and told us about the NAZA compatible flashed ESC options and their relative performances, including the one available in TBS store, so that I can make an informed decision.

By the way, according to here both are flashable.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_Man View Post
    Voww, who is telling you I was told to buy them? Easy maann.. I am just after the best ESCs as everyone else. So far, my understanding is that I must go with a flashed one for the best performance. But, it seems that not all flashed ESCs are happy with NAZA (I don't have a smallest clue about other FCs). In fact, I would be so happy if someone stepped in and told us about the NAZA compatible flashed ESC options and their relative performances, including the one available in TBS store, so that I can make an informed decision.

By the way, according to here both are flashable.
    I know how you feel however there are multiple posts related to ESCs, motors and setup and all the variables involved. I just don't see the importance in you telling me what you want when I'm simply asking advice from the guys who know which ones to use for flashing.

The NAZA WILL work with many flashed esc's however startup sometimes isn't equal on all motors. My NAZA with DJI esc's and motors don't startup at the same rpm. It still flies fine. I know though, we'd all like some surety with this hobby because it can be dizzying.

Discovery frames now in stock at GetFPV shipping from the USA. These will be gone really quick.

http://www.getfpv.com/multi-rotor-fr...uadcopter.html

Cores will be added to GetFPV in the next couple days as well as other gear like TBS 69 cams, etc...
    Finally! the core on the us store!
    Last edited by luilly3d; 14th September 2012 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcschim View Post
    Hi Traveller,

Another thing I'm really happy with is here:

It definitly shows that sunlight had the most impact on my loss of height!
    It's easy to fix and one of the last things that really bothered me (because I hate things I don't understand - and I didn't want a Naza board that does really weird stuff).
    DJI should adress this problem or at least commit it!
    Again - the kudos here goes to the guys at RCG who startet the thread and followed this bizarre idea :-)

greez,
    RCSchim
    I'm glad you liked my solution and made a documenting movie about it! I didn't start the thread at RCG but soon found out that flying in the shade of my house made the NAZA jump up and the left side of the NAZA is where the baro sits. My MK experience helped me as they warn to shield the baro from direct light. If you have a MK it is easy to test, shine with a flashlight on the baro and watch the baro values in the graph go crazy! It is a pity the NAZA doesn't show sensor values for finding bugs or problems like this.

Cheers,
    arachnida (pbw on RGC) from Belgium

SO I finally managed to make it fly with my crius multiwii, and I'm using a second 3300 4s pack to get more flight time. It's 1700 grams now this way and I get arround 18-19 mns of flight time.

For all who have not installed the shield cover over the core unit yet, make sure you've set the RSSI on the Core before soldering the RF Shield:-(!

is the tin shield really necessary if i am running 2.4ghz radio link and a 300mw 1.2ghz video transmitter?

Navigator
    I've got a Discovery in the mail, and would like to place a battery order too... Can anyone tell/point me at a max size/weight for the battery? I can't find anything definitive
    I'd love to put a Nano-tech 4S 4500mAh in, specs below:
    Capacity: 4500mAh
    Voltage: 4S1P / 4 Cell / 14.8V
    Discharge: 25C Constant / 50C Burst
    Weight: 467g (including wire, plug & case)
    Dimensions: 173x49x29mm