Page 187 of 427 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithM View Post
    Kloner:

What's the make and model of the case the Disco is in?
    Gets them here
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/251127318446...84.m1439.l2648

Thread on MRF
    http://www.multirotorforums.com/show...Discovery-Case

Cheers
    I Fly Mode 3

Quote Originally Posted by speedstep View Post
    I just finished a little video with some tweaks etc. for the discovery or some for Multicopters in general...

Really informative video speedstep! great infos!

Quote Originally Posted by kloner View Post

everything but the ppm wire from the rx, rssi lead and the pixim cam. i don't think it can get any cleaner of a platform to build on
    dude, where's the wire spaghetti? I'm starving!!

that is to tell naza where the gps is in relation to cg in case that's not what you meant. naza expects to be sitting on cg...... in my messing with it on this frame i keep moving it more and more forward and it seems less pitchy
    Naza is like honey badger. It don't give a f.... where it's at ... in fact, most FC's don't. we ran quite a few tests before we settled for the definite spots to put the FCs.

got it. that red and black wire in the pic above were shorting, or something. replaced em and it's good to go. thanks for a spot to ramble my way through
    we're here to listen to you ramble, buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ivers View Post
    Looks like its a short curcuit between top and bottom plate through those spacers. Whole PCB positive was leading to this. The traces was used for connecting dragonlink to RVOSD. There was only used one trace for UBEC power, one for PPM, one for RSSI and one for currentsensor to RVOSD. They were seperated and by using a multimeter there should not be any short curcuits. My 3S system supplying RVOSD (which supplies camera and vtx) was completely separated from the 4S system powering the motors through bottom plates. What do you need pictures of ?
    There is your problem. The V+ pins are "shorted" internally, as are the GND pins. Don't blame the DISCO though, they are shorted on most receivers as well! So if you want to use the traces for the RVOSD current sensor, you will need to use 3 separated traces e.g. signal of ch6, 7 and 8. The spacers do NOT carry GND or power.

attack of the drones. *cue the end is near music*
    Yo trappy, is there a vector file of the tbs disco logo? I put these things in pelican type cases and they need a logo

i'm not lookin to sell any of em, just for my cases.....
    Sure, shoot me an e-mail I'll get you sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjedix View Post
    Trappy, where are the trace on the disco to hook the 2nd battery for the core?
    there are none, if your main power battery dies on a quad there is no need to have video of the "great fall of death"

Quote Originally Posted by crispycargo View Post
    can you tell me the exact dimensions of the battery section?
    Battery cage: W55xH37xL173 mm - extreme dimensions, aim for 5-10 mm less

that is to tell naza where the gps is in relation to cg in case that's not what you meant. naza expects to be sitting on cg...... in my messing with it on this frame i keep moving it more and more forward and it seems less pitchy
    Just a side-note, only the WKM can the position of the IMU be configured, the NAZA software only supports the GPS position.

http://wiki2.dji-innovations.com/en/...stant_Software

Instagator
    Lifter: Thanks, got one on order.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post

There is your problem. The V+ pins are "shorted" internally, as are the GND pins. Don't blame the DISCO though, they are shorted on most receivers as well! So if you want to use the traces for the RVOSD current sensor, you will need to use 3 separated traces e.g. signal of ch6, 7 and 8. The spacers do NOT carry GND or power.
    Ah. So thats the reason. Thanks for clarifying it.
    Good I'm not american, I would have sued you ass to the mars rover and back since it doesn't say anywhere in a manual.

haha, i'm not american either btw, most receivers short their V+ pins also, so in either case you'd have fried something

keith, there pretty dang nice for $70........... fit perfect. Everytime i go over the mountain i gotta unscrew the vent to open it so there workin

honey badgers dont give a shit,, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    haha, i'm not american either btw, most receivers short their V+ pins also, so in either case you'd have fried something
    Yeah. One ubec, a Dragonlink receiver and a partly retarded rvosd which now is on its way to Vova for repairs.

This is my contribution to the list of failing DJI equipment. Unfortunaly the gopro ejected the memory card on impact (which now is taped).
    The shaking is from a motor about to die. And so it did. Long steep walk to fetch it.