Page 179 of 427 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

1) the M2.5 screws are now included in every DISCO kit.
    2) yeah, the bundle and installation is not possible at this point. order them separately, and then send me an e-mail I'll refund the amount you'd save wit the bundle.
    3) haven't tried. I heard the RCTimer SimonK's are not too good, though
    4) all DCDC devices will noise to some degree into your UHF radio receiver. Quads are extremely packed. If you plan to fly long range (3miles+) your R/C link will be better off with the tin shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_Man View Post
    Trappy:
    I'm about to pull the triger for TBS Disco but waiting for a solution for the jello problem. Is there any progress on that front? Also I have a few questions:

1) Does the "DJI Flamewheel arms package" include screws? Or do I have to find them from somewhere else?
    2) When I last bought TBS 69 + Core there was a discount. Now, I don't see how to get it if I choose "TBS core installed" option.
    3) I want to go with RCTimer 30Amp flashed ESC + RCTimer 2830-14 750kV. But I read that some people are having compatibility (arming) problems with RCTimer ESCs and NAZA. Have you guys ever tried this combo? (a question not necessarily for only Trappy)
    4) Is the RF Tin Shield really required? Is there anyone who flies without one? I though the Core was pretty noise free!

Thanks,

havent flashed to the simonk stuff on my rctimer esc's but stock firmware they always arm just fine on my NAZA

Navigator
    3DJIM and others who use DJI 920kV motors:

What is it that you don't like about these stock motors? On paper, they should give more than enough punch especially on a 4S setup. I'm trying to finalize my motor + ESC choices, after Trappy's response RCTimer ESCs are out of question. I am now thinking between two options:

- either DJI 30amp Opto ESC + RCTimer 2830-14 750kV with 4S battery and 9x5 Graupner e-props
    - or DJI 30amp Opto ESC + DJI 920kV with 3S battery and 10x5 Graupner e-props
    - or a better suggestion for 4S setup.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
    havent flashed to the simonk stuff on my rctimer esc's but stock firmware they always arm just fine on my NAZA
    I used the RCtimer SimonK ESCs with the Naza. They are noticeably better than the DJI ESCs. I would suggest calibrating esc throttle without the Naza first.

Navigator
    3DJIM and others who use DJI 920kV motors:

What is it that you don't like about these stock motors? On paper, they should give more than enough punch especially on a 4S setup. I'm trying to finalize my motor + ESC choices, after Trappy's response RCTimer ESCs are out of question. I am now thinking between two options:

- either DJI 30amp Opto ESC + RCTimer 2830-14 750kV with 4S battery and 9x5 Graupner e-props
    - or DJI 30amp Opto ESC + DJI 920kV with 3S battery and 10x5 Graupner e-props
    - or a better suggestion for 4S setup.
    Hi Wise Man,

Poor solder
    Poor Bearings
    Dont like the prop mount
    Not enough power! can never have to much!

Apart from that they fine!

Waiting on the tiger 2212 980kv for better quality.

Jim

Navigator
    Are you using this ESC? http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...79&productname=
    I don't see any unflashed ESC suitable for multicopter on their website!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DJIM View Post
    Waiting on the tiger 2212 980kv for better quality.

Jim
    Hi Jim: I hope you got them at a discounted price (http://www.hobbypartz.com/02p-motor-...212-kv980.html)
    So, are you gonna use them with 3S battery? They don't seem to be rated for 4S, and rated only up to 165W.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by camerajumper View Post
    I used the RCtimer SimonK ESCs with the Naza. They are noticeably better than the DJI ESCs. I would suggest calibrating esc throttle without the Naza first.
    How do you do that exactly?

Are you using this ESC? http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...79&productname=
    I don't see any unflashed ESC suitable for multicopter on their website!
    these are what i am using:

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...6&productname=

Navigator
    Interesting! I thought that unflashed ESC's update rate (typically 50 Hz) wouldn't work with most flight controllers. Apparently, that is not the case. Hmmm.... Have you noticed any power loss, control problem/lag?