Page 173 of 427 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    nice vid! , your right about the water, very unsettling but the video pays off! Im surrounded by lakes so i have to fly over water all the time..
    I just gave my disco a bath I think all I lost was my core.. Can't test my fpv cam or my vtx tell I get a charged 3s. My core only puts out 3 volts now. I stripped the whole thing down and rinsed it in alcohol and put it in a bag of rice for 72 hours everything came back but the core only puts out three volts I'm using 12v cam and vtx. I'm just glad the naza and gopro survived.

sorry to hear, I'm sure you can overcame.
    especially if you have a recording

@ trappy I need a new core and that sweet lil shield I don't see it in your shop can you direct me to where it is or how I can get that Tin beauty thanks.
    Last edited by jamison816; 2nd September 2012 at 05:16 PM.

Last edited by jamison816; 2nd September 2012 at 05:06 PM.

the shield is under the discoveries page.......... left side it's got accessories when your looking at the disco

Got a trip under the discos belt. Gimble is alright. Gonna keep messing with a disco with and without it and see what i like better. The lack of fisheye is great

Trappy, i'll be back by with some footage. i got a small problem, ever since i got the shield on i got problems with heat and this thing acting weird. it keeps showing that second voltage, sometimes it's 5v, other times it's 8+ and when it does, it goes apeshit. maybee just bail the osd and get ez? if i do, am i just ignoring a problem that's gonna crash it?
    Last edited by kloner; 2nd September 2012 at 05:39 PM.

water happens bro, if you fly it, get used to it

The most important part is getting the battery out and getting it completely dry before trying anything. i mean dry, sit in the sun can't touch it's so hot till steam quits building up, take screws out, drain anything standing. naza likes to be drained

Thankyou sir!! Nice vids too!

no problem

Trappy, this deal. what do you think my best option is. I fly in the southern california desert, few hundred miles down the colorado river from where you went to the grand canyon. it's over a hundred 6 months a year. That was 108f

it raises quick, then as the air blew through the frame it slowly came down in voltage, got less shearing as the voltage was lower, etc. bypass the core video wire? That second voltage comes on every so now and then. it's not usually there, i don't run anything weird or different. just one flight pack, 4s
    Last edited by kloner; 2nd September 2012 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks philippe, I took off all the props and ran the motors. Found one of the motors is definitely vibrating. Going to balance all the motors and that should hopefully fix it

Quote Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
    here is a quick video from my yesterday while i am on vacation...first time flying over a serious body of water, a little nerve wracking but the video you get is well worth it.
    cool vacation video. I totally understand flying above water. I get really itchy thumbs just by crossing our local river here

Quote Originally Posted by KeithM View Post
    It seems logical that DJI included the mounting pole for the GPS receiver/compass to raise the antenna above the level of the main battery which mounts on top of the DJI F450/F550. Since the battery on the Disco mounts below below the top plate, with nothing to interfere with the GPS signal except the props, is it not better to eliminate the pole and mount the GPS directly on the top plate over the C/G? The pole mount almost guarantees damage to the GPS in a crash and makes the disco harder to store or handle. I've noticed a number of photos of the GPS mounted without the pole and wondered if anyone can address any degradation of performance this might cause.
    I would mount it on a pole, it will give better reception that way. The top board isn't going to interfere at all, there's just the R/C circuitry going thruogh it, but the whole quad is a "bundle of noise" (ESCs, GoPro, VTx, ...). I've seen some very cool mods with the "hood clips" from cars so that you can add and remove the GPS unit before and after flight.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithM View Post
    Regarding mounting the GPS over the C/G, a number of pages back in this thread, there is discussion regarding the C/G mark on the bottom plate not being correct and recommendations about using a point 15mm further forward as a balance point. Could someone please clarify the proper C/G location?
    The CG is where you put the GPS, that's also where the drawing is. The "center of thrust" is a bit further forward, this is what you need to balance to use each motor with the same power.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    WOW, this thread is huge.........

I would like to get one of these and I have a few questions I hope someone with some experience can answer for me so I don't get a pile of parts which will end up being replaced for something I should have got in the first place........

My plan is to build one for FPV and GoPro with OSD........My preference is for duration rather than speed.

What flight times are you getting with 3S and 4S packs and pack sizes

What motor/prop combinations seem to be producing the best times/performance

Flying weight

Thanks for your help

Lance
    Lance, if you want duration the best frame is 4 aluminum tubes with a very light center plate. The DISCO will fit a 4400mAh 4S battery, but that's about as much as I would comfortably load it with. That could get you up to 12mins-15mins of flight time. The prop and motor combo really is not that critical for these "durations". I'd go with a 10" on 750kV motor setup.

Quote Originally Posted by jamison816 View Post
    @ trappy I need a new core and that sweet lil shield I don't see it in your shop can you direct me to where it is or how I can get that Tin beauty thanks.
    The CORE is under "Accessories" -> "TBS CORE". The Tin shield is under "Multi Rotors" -> "Accessories"

Quote Originally Posted by kloner View Post
    Trappy, this deal. what do you think my best option is. I fly in the southern california desert, few hundred miles down the colorado river from where you went to the grand canyon. it's over a hundred 6 months a year. That was 108f

it raises quick, then as the air blew through the frame it slowly came down in voltage, got less shearing as the voltage was lower, etc. bypass the core video wire? That second voltage comes on every so now and then. it's not usually there, i don't run anything weird or different. just one flight pack, 4s
    to get the 2nd voltage off you can just short the VIn2 pins since you're not using them. Do you have a tin shield mounted on the CORE? if yes, you shoud probably get a few holes drilled (don't drill into an installed CORE, there's a danger of shorts!!). Let me know, I'll send you a new one.