Page 172 of 427 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Navigator
    I have 2216/900 motors on 4s and graupner 9" . I use 3300 + 4000 batteries and get 7 mins on the 3300 and 8 mins on the 4000. A

Quote Originally Posted by hadriez View Post
    i'm seriously considering this motor once i get the disco. just don't know how well it performs with the stock DJI ESC. care to share your gain settings?
    Hadriez, I think these motors work pretty well with the DJI ESC's. I haven't had any issues so far with this motor/ESC combo.

My current Naza gain settings are [Basic P: 150 R: 135 Y: 125 V: 125] [Attitude P: 125 R: 125]. It's likely I will be adjusting these values more. Just keep in mind that the gains vary greatly depending on your setup and flying style.
    Last edited by MidwestRob; 1st September 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Instagator

Question regarding Naza GPS mounting location on TBS Disco and location of the C/G.

It seems logical that DJI included the mounting pole for the GPS receiver/compass to raise the antenna above the level of the main battery which mounts on top of the DJI F450/F550. Since the battery on the Disco mounts below below the top plate, with nothing to interfere with the GPS signal except the props, is it not better to eliminate the pole and mount the GPS directly on the top plate over the C/G? The pole mount almost guarantees damage to the GPS in a crash and makes the disco harder to store or handle. I've noticed a number of photos of the GPS mounted without the pole and wondered if anyone can address any degradation of performance this might cause.

Regarding mounting the GPS over the C/G, a number of pages back in this thread, there is discussion regarding the C/G mark on the bottom plate not being correct and recommendations about using a point 15mm further forward as a balance point. Could someone please clarify the proper C/G location?

Thanks.

I had the GPS mounted right on the top plate of the TBS Disco, and I found out that the quad started wondering quite a lot in GPS mode, to the point it was almost out of control. If I recalibrated, then it seemed to be ok for awhile. I eventually mounted the gps back on the mast. I do think there may be some interference between the circuitry in the top plate and the gps sitting on the top plate.
    I may have had other issues with the Naza not responding to radio inputs (not a failsafe issue). Recently, with the loss of video in flight and the wondering issue my TBS quad went down and have not found it yet!!!

Hi guys, my Discovery is using the stock dji motors with 9x5 graupner props running on a 4500 4s battery and a Naza/gps for stability. Up front I'm using fpvmanual's gopro anti-vibration pad to cut down on the jello effect. My first dozen flights were great and there wasn't any jello effect on the video recordings. Just recently though, the jello effect started happening and it's been getting worse. I checked the screws holding the arms to the frame and they had gotten loose so I used loctite on all the screws to hold them in place and tightened them down. Also checked the balance on the props and they're all balanced. Tried flying it again and the jello is definitely better but it's still there although it was windy here today and I don't know if that could cause it. Does anyone have some suggestions I could try? I don't know why jello could show up after so many flights of jello free recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestRob View Post
    Hadriez, I think these motors work pretty well with the DJI ESC's. I haven't had any issues so far with this motor/ESC combo.

My current Naza gain settings are [Basic P: 150 R: 135 Y: 125 V: 125] [Attitude P: 125 R: 125]. It's likely I will be adjusting these values more. Just keep in mind that the gains vary greatly depending on your setup and flying style.

Thanks. yeah gains pretty much depends on your setup. was just seeing around your numbers since you've got the tiger motors which I've been interested in

I think this vid will be my last vid with F450 flamewheel i hate those props getting in the way

my setup now:
    basic 160 160 160 160
    atti - 80 80

Quote Originally Posted by moriwaky View Post
    Here you have a video with the TBS discovery and the kk2.0 on board. It´s super fast on 4s and so easy to fly. Trappy, Do you want a race? jajaja

enjoy.
    Hey moriwaky, just watched your video. Fantastico, que bien vuela !!! Love it ! I m really impresed about speed of your quad and how stable and no jello or vibrations !!!
    Since all the community is looking for a solution for jello effect in the disco, nobody ask you what solution you used ?? Im very interested to know how you solved the problem of vibration at high speed. In the same way your PID's parameters look perfect... That KK2.0 seem a good flying board.
    Really interested to watch more from you.

Quote Originally Posted by rxhenn View Post
    Hi guys, my Discovery is using the stock dji motors with 9x5 graupner props running on a 4500 4s battery and a Naza/gps for stability. Up front I'm using fpvmanual's gopro anti-vibration pad to cut down on the jello effect. My first dozen flights were great and there wasn't any jello effect on the video recordings. Just recently though, the jello effect started happening and it's been getting worse. I checked the screws holding the arms to the frame and they had gotten loose so I used loctite on all the screws to hold them in place and tightened them down. Also checked the balance on the props and they're all balanced. Tried flying it again and the jello is definitely better but it's still there although it was windy here today and I don't know if that could cause it. Does anyone have some suggestions I could try? I don't know why jello could show up after so many flights of jello free recordings.
    Hi rxhenn. Did you check if motors are balanced and if not any motor axis bended ?

Navigator
    WOW, this thread is huge.........

I would like to get one of these and I have a few questions I hope someone with some experience can answer for me so I don't get a pile of parts which will end up being replaced for something I should have got in the first place........

My plan is to build one for FPV and GoPro with OSD........My preference is for duration rather than speed.

What flight times are you getting with 3S and 4S packs and pack sizes

What motor/prop combinations seem to be producing the best times/performance

Flying weight

Thanks for your help

Lance

I'm shopping for 10" Graupner Props. I use the RCTimer motor 2830-14 750KV which states it has a shaft diameter of 3.17mm but I also use the Type 2830 Prop Adaptor MA-02. It does not state the shaft diameter. I see that I need to get Graupner Prop Reducers with the props to fit the prop adapter. Anyone knows the size of the MA-02 prop adapter shaft size or the size of the prop reducer that I would need?
    gillesranger.com