Page 145 of 427 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

Quote Originally Posted by wiggysk View Post
    I think your rear props are wrong and need swapping as the rear should spin outwards unlike the front that spin inwards
    I think he is right zoz.
    Check out the layout of the props in the naza instructions.
    How many engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    3. One to hold the light bulb and two to turn the ladder.

I have done my maiden tonight in my livingroom.
    Here the first clip I hold the quad in my hand to compare to the next clip flying the thing.
    Make sure you watch it in 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by CorporalB View Post
    Gutted, unless I use 2 x 2200mah 3S in parallel (or a much bigger single LiPo, which I don't have), I'm unable to balance the quad on it's centre point / CG, and I havent even installed the VTX yet which again will be fore of the CG point (to keep it away from my RC RX)

I've only got 3 Lipos down here so I can only do single flights between charges. I might have to get some dead weight on the back and use a single LiPo, but that will kill flight times

I think though, once I've tuned the KK board and move it to between the plates, I'll be able to have the VTX a bit closer to the CG and have less of a lever effect.
    To be honest, I've flown my tricopters and quads with the cg WAY off 80% of the time and the only time I noticed it in flight was when I tried to go full throttle. I'm not saying it's ideal or a long-term solution but in my experience the fc (especially the kk) just deals with it and hides it from you. The front motors will get worked more and get hotter though. Aside from getting bigger batteries... You can put smaller props on the rear motors to move the Center of Thrust to the CG... or put more powerful motors in front.
    "You can't take the sky from me"

Hey Guys,
    Just finished a new video from todays flying at an old mining site in Rosamond, Calif.
    I still am working on trimming the TBS Discovery quadcopter, but the video isn't too bad.
    Enjoy, Keith

http://youtu.be/_D67BnCRR90

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    To be honest, I've flown my tricopters and quads with the cg WAY off 80% of the time and the only time I noticed it in flight was when I tried to go full throttle. I'm not saying it's ideal or a long-term solution but in my experience the fc (especially the kk) just deals with it and hides it from you. The front motors will get worked more and get hotter though. Aside from getting bigger batteries... You can put smaller props on the rear motors to move the Center of Thrust to the CG... or put more powerful motors in front.
    That is true and works for hovering. But if you are moving fast, every thing wil have a influence on the flight caracterisrics.
    Last edited by Mechnan; 18th August 2012 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggysk View Post
    I think your rear props are wrong and need swapping as the rear should spin outwards unlike the front that spin inwards
    @mechnan

Jep, changed it and it's perfect;-)))!!

Now I'll try your settings mechnan!

Thank you very much guys!!

Navigator
    this might have been asked before but I am currently building a disco and excited to test it, so please forgive me, where is the best spot to mount the naza gps?

Cheers
    my videos : https://www.youtube.com/user/vstanman888/videos

The position for the naza is marked with a white box. it is also at the same position as the 8 mounting holes for board-like FC's (OP CC, KK ect..)

Away from stuff that puts out noise. Try to get it away from the vtx and gopro. Most mount it right over the cg on the top plate. I have mine mounted on the lower plate right behind the right rear arm so in a crash it won't get damaged. I have also seen it strapped directly to an arm before

Quote Originally Posted by jamison816 View Post
    A whole new meaning to disco!!!Attachment 13436
    disco stu would be proud

Quote Originally Posted by zozolione View Post
    Hi Guys

Had last monday my maiden unfortunately crashed it a few times and brocken few of the rare graupner props
    you did see that our stock is pretty plenty these days?

Quote Originally Posted by CorporalB View Post
    Gutted, unless I use 2 x 2200mah 3S in parallel (or a much bigger single LiPo, which I don't have), I'm unable to balance the quad on it's centre point / CG, and I havent even installed the VTX yet which again will be fore of the CG point (to keep it away from my RC RX)

I've only got 3 Lipos down here so I can only do single flights between charges. I might have to get some dead weight on the back and use a single LiPo, but that will kill flight times

I think though, once I've tuned the KK board and move it to between the plates, I'll be able to have the VTX a bit closer to the CG and have less of a lever effect.
    You should get bigger batteries! Any HK brand will do, I'm liking the Zippy Compact 4000's (4S) for the DISCO these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Efti View Post
    I have done my maiden tonight in my livingroom.
    Here the first clip I hold the quad in my hand to compare to the next clip flying the thing.
    Make sure you watch it in 1080p.
    that's cheating, in the dark jello is not as visible you can tell it flies pretty solid, though, from the way it moves around with all that prop wash in the room. sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by zozolione View Post
    @mechnan

Jep, changed it and it's perfect;-)))!!

Now I'll try your settings mechnan!

Thank you very much guys!!
    classic mistake glad you got it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
    Away from stuff that puts out noise. Try to get it away from the vtx and gopro. Most mount it right over the cg on the top plate. I have mine mounted on the lower plate right behind the right rear arm so in a crash it won't get damaged. I have also seen it strapped directly to an arm before
    yes, top level right over the CG point is my suggestion.