Page 102 of 427 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4263

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

  1. #1011
    Co-Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestRob View Post
    Did some more flying the other day with the Discovery. I'm having a blast flying this frame. Almost there on eliminating the vibes in the video. Looking forward to your solution Trappy.

    What FC do you use?

  2. #1012
    Sky King j5coat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,150
    I have the naza on my qav and my pitch gain had to go to 275 to make it stop pitching backwards, roll is only at 75. still no wobble and it flies good now. Just keep cranking it up until it doesn't pitch back at you.
    Last edited by j5coat; 31st July 2012 at 05:33 PM.

  3. #1013
    Navigator MidwestRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestRob View Post
    Did some more flying the other day with the Discovery. I'm having a blast flying this frame. Almost there on eliminating the vibes in the video. Looking forward to your solution Trappy.

    Quote Originally Posted by hagay View Post
    Nice and steady control NidwestRob, I enjoyed watching
    Thanks hagay, glad you liked it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dallibab View Post
    Some nice close bits there!!
    Yeah, a few close calls in there. I just wish I had some sheep to herd in this part of the country.

    Quote Originally Posted by durangoflyer View Post
    What FC do you use?
    Durangoflyer, I use a DJI Naza flight controller. I have more info about my entire setup in the video description.

  4. #1014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechnan View Post
    Anybody but Trappy know what this is?
    Attachment 12963
    haha, nice pic. flew over it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joesa3rd View Post
    Trappy,
    Thats great... I'm just looking for 3 but I'll take the 5

    Joe
    send me an e-mail about it, I'll take care of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyZ99 View Post
    OK, so now I'm up to testing the manual mode of the DJI controller. A weird thing happens when moving forward. The nose always has a tendency to want to move up in the wind, meaning that, in the wind caused by moving the quad forward, it wants to stop by pitching backwards. I've balanced the quad so it's a little nose heavy, which stabilised the atti mode in forward flight. Should I put it even more nose heavy or less to try and reduce the "wanting to stop" effect, in manual mode?

    (Thanks to all you guys, I'm now 90% confident flying in atti mode, but only 50% in manual mode. I still need your help to get me to full confidence in both modes)
    increase pitch gain and move battery slightly more forward.

  5. #1015
    Navigator MidwestRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyZ99 View Post
    OK, so now I'm up to testing the manual mode of the DJI controller. A weird thing happens when moving forward. The nose always has a tendency to want to move up in the wind, meaning that, in the wind caused by moving the quad forward, it wants to stop by pitching backwards. I've balanced the quad so it's a little nose heavy, which stabilised the atti mode in forward flight. Should I put it even more nose heavy or less to try and reduce the "wanting to stop" effect, in manual mode?

    (Thanks to all you guys, I'm now 90% confident flying in atti mode, but only 50% in manual mode. I still need your help to get me to full confidence in both modes)
    Cowboy, I'm having the same problem in manual mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by j5coat View Post
    I have the naza on my qav and my pitch gain had to go to 275 to make it stop pitching backwards, roll is only at 75. still no wobble and it flies good now. Just keep cranking it up unrolled it doesn't pitch back at you.
    I may have to give that a try and up the pitch gain.

  6. #1016
    VE2UAV CowboyZ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by j5coat View Post
    I have the naza on my qav and my pitch gain had to go to 275 to make it stop pitching backwards, roll is only at 75. still no wobble and it flies good now. Just keep cranking it up until it doesn't pitch back at you.
    Good to know, thanks. I'll sure give that a try!

  7. #1017
    VE2UAV CowboyZ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    increase pitch gain and move battery slightly more forward.
    I'll try with the increase in pitch gain. I've tried moving the battery more forward, but that affect the atti mode flight performance. It's already a little nose heavy to fly well.

  8. #1018
    Co-Pilot
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,623
    How do you find the Discovery performance with the stock 450 motors when it's loaded up with FPV gear?

    What motor options are there if you want a bit more performance?

  9. #1019
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NT. Aust
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by londonguy View Post
    How do you find the Discovery performance with the stock 450 motors when it's loaded up with FPV gear?

    What motor options are there if you want a bit more performance?
    Check out Kloners Posts

    http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....964#post112964
    I Fly Mode 3

  10. #1020
    VE2UAV CowboyZ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Québec, Canada
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by londonguy View Post
    How do you find the Discovery performance with the stock 450 motors when it's loaded up with FPV gear?

    What motor options are there if you want a bit more performance?
    I find it heavy with lots of inertia on 3S 10x4.7SF and better with 4S 9x4.7SF, but still does not feel like a humming bird. I bought these at RCTimer : 2830-14-50. It comes with some screw on prop adapter Let's give them a try...

Similar Threads

  1. C4 - Carbon Quadrocopter
    By Mechnan in forum ROTORCRAFT
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 18th September 2012, 06:16 AM
  2. Mini FPV Quadrocopter
    By Bjorn in forum PILOT'S LAB
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 08:49 PM
  3. New Tricopter Frame
    By timnilson in forum LUMENIER
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 28th August 2011, 07:12 PM
  4. Discovery Channel Canada wants MY video!
    By aaron_gx in forum OFF-TOPIC
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 16th March 2011, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •