Page 80 of 427 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS DISCOVERY - New quadrocopter frame

[QUOTE=CowboyZ99;121228
    This brings me to the following questions :

- Is there a way to prevent the DJI Props from exploding in the air?
    - Could it possible that the DJI GPS is broken from the crash on cement? Is there a way to test it to know if it still works ok?
    - Do the Graupner props have the same shape as the DJI ones in the center hole (somewhat oval instead of circle) so they can fit the motors? Is there any mods to be done to the prop or motor to make them fit?
    [/QUOTE]

Inspect the props before you fly. Look for small white traces. They are micro fractures in the plastic and the first sign of failure. All props do it not just DJI.

If you cannot get GPS lock where you got it before, more than likely your GPS is toast. I killed one on my WKM with a dirt dart from about 40 feet directly on the GPS. Fortunately the GPS for the Naza is cheaper than the one for the WKM.

The Graupners either 9 or 10" and above have an 8mm hole. This is the same as the DJI. The 8" are smaller and require a prop reamer. However, they do not have the tabs that lock the prop on the mount. The prop root is thinner as well so you will need to use a washer to get them tight on the mount.

Trappy, thanks for the hard work this weekend. I got my notification of shipment. I am looking forward to the build and flying this frame.

What answers.. Thanks so much, Tahoe Ed. Where to get a prop reamer?

I actually use a metric step drill as you really want to keep the lower hole intact. l also use an 8mm high speed drill bit on my drill press. The press is small enough to fit in my deck closet. I take it out and set it on the dining room table when I need it. It was only $70 US.

i used a drill bit as well, put in a vice and turn the prop so its nice and slow. i had 2 crashes on the 2nd and 3rd flight with dji props on my 450, they are garbage. Am using apc props, they balance great and are beefy enough to drill them out and still have alot of hub left.

Thanks for the info guys. I know the apc quality from my fpv (decommissioned) plane, so I'll go for those since I don't know Graupner yet. I hope the APC props don't explode in the air for no reason

i have gemfans, graupners, apc, and the dji ( whats left from the kit ) and the dji are the only ones that exploded. And i had to drill the gemfans and apc to fit and they still hold up in a crash so i dont think you will have a problem.

Naza settings

Hi,
    Is there any recommended setting for running the Naza on this frame??
    Thanks G

Quote Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
    Hi,
    Is there any recommended setting for running the Naza on this frame??
    Thanks G

Hi,

I'm using these: 150/155/120/100 and 125/125.That's what Trappy recommended.
    But it always depends on your motor prop combination.
    It flies well can do flips etc. but when I hit more than 25A (manual mode) it starts oscillating a bit left and right more throttle even more, anybody got any ideas?
    The other thing I noticed when I go from 30% - 90-100% Throttle (manual mode) the quad often lifts the nose quite a lot. (CG is where it should be). Or is that just something you get with spider configuration?
    I use 9' Graupners with stock dji motors (920kv) and naza (is on a foam cushion, to prevent vibrations)
    I'm a newbie with quadcopters so I don't have any experience with tuning them...

cheers,

Stefan

Navigator
    Did my first flip this weekend! Went awesome, but was quite exciting. Gave me the shakes afterwards!