www.immersionrc.com

Thread: reflashed firmware, now what

Navigator

reflashed firmware, now what

I was able to reflash to the latest naze firmware using cleanflight.i re bound to the rx. now what do I do? the osd wont come on, it wont connect to cleanflight so I can set up. what should I do?

Try this:

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    I was able to reflash to the latest naze firmware using cleanflight.i re bound to the rx. now what do I do? the osd wont come on, it wont connect to cleanflight so I can set up. what should I do?
    I assume you're referring to the Vortex 285 (as in your other posts), if so you've gone off on slightly the wrong track, Betaflight 3.1.7 is the most up to date firmware for the Vortex 285.

You need to use the Vortex Configurator Chrome App to flash both the OSD firmware and the FC firmware from the Firmware/Downloads tab on the IRC website https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-prod...x-racing-quad/ . The exact sequence is detailed here: https://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread...EAD-THIS-FIRST!!!!

After you've done this you can run the wizard (in the OSD) for the primary setup and then connect to Betaflight to do any further customisation, for example I changed to switch arming.

Hope this helps.....

Andrew
    Last edited by C Andrew Green; 22nd March 2019 at 10:06 AM.

Navigator
    where do I download the files too. should I make a folder on my desktop and put everything in there?

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    where do I download the files too. should I make a folder on my desktop and put everything in there?
    It doesn't particularly matter where you download them to so long as you can remember where to find them, when you click on the 'Flash Firmware' button in the Vortex Configurator it takes you to a window so you can navigate to where you saved the files.

Andrew

Navigator
    well i almost had it. after reflashing the firmware the osd wouldnt come on so i connected to betaflight and setup modes etc. when i ran the quad the motors wher controlled by the ail, elev. so tried to reconnect to betaflight and the usb socket broke off. how do i fix that?

Navigator
    ok so i used my ground station monitor and found the correct channel. i was able to run the wizzard. i found that you hold the button on the led strip for 8 seconds and the wizzard starts. the switch i set in betaflight to arm does not work, i have to use the sticks. i do have acro/air mode angle and horizon modes. so i will try to fly and see what happens.