FPVLAB

Thread: DIY Cable Line Camera sled and gimbal

DIY Cable Line Camera sled and gimbal

Ive started building a cable camera with gimbal. I want to use it at the Awana Pinewood derby race at my church in five weeks, to give live video to the crowd on a big screen TV. For those that don't know, a Pinewood derby track is typically around 50' long, so the distance traveled wont be long at all.

Im following the plans by this gentleman.
    https://github.com/wernerdaehn/cable...ster/README.md

Camera used will be the Firefly 8s.

I have selected everything that I will use, but I haven't decided on a video link. It would be nice to broadcast to the big screens in HD at the event. This is where I could use your help. It has been a while since I've built anything that uses video links, and back then, an based on prices from a few years ago, HD link is definitely out of my budget. Anyone have ideas of how I could travel this 50' hard wired to a TV without the cord draping down in everyone's way? Is there a cheap HD video link available on the market these days? Im open for all ideas about getting the HD video from the rig to the screens.

Thanks,
    Jared

Unfortunately the live out from pretty much all the cameras we use would be in normal FPV resolution anyway and not HD so even if you hard wire it the resolution won’t be any better
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post
    Unfortunately the live out from pretty much all the cameras we use would be in normal FPV resolution anyway and not HD so even if you hard wire it the resolution won’t be any better
    I was under the impression that the Firefly 8s was capable of output in HD. I may just have to get comfortable with SD on the screen this year.