Hey colleagues,

I would like to make my 9XR telemetry capable, either in conjunction with openlrs (which I already fly) or FrSky.

According to an article I found via Google , I only have to put two cables into the Futaba plug and connect it to two pins in the RF module. The method works for FrSky modules in conjunction with the Turnigy 9X and could (possibly) also work for openlrs and the 9XR.

Could not find much about this softmod though. Does one of you have more info?

Otherwise, only the hardware mod remains, so solder tiny wires and cutting traces inside the 9XR (definitely outside my comfort zone), am I right here ?
The most important overall point is a easy well working Vario and Variosounds, Batteryvoltage telemetry would be nice but not necessary (maybe as future project).

The FrSky Vario might work with openlrs but I am also not sure on this one.

I have also bought the FrSky X7 for testing, with the ulterior motive switching to the X7 and FrSky but the X7 is very bad for my (almost 33) small hands (can hardly get to the pots), the possible battery size is also sobering. The lower price (for the possible conversion to FrSky) is calling imo for the 9XR.

Does the X7 have benefits I've overlooked so far?