Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Tree Vector Open Telemetry protocol with Crossfire?

Eagle Tree Vector Open Telemetry protocol with Crossfire?

There are a few really old threads (2+ years) about this but I haven't seen any recent updates or news.

The Vector flight controller has a UART port which can be configured to output "Open Telemetry" protocol - which works with FrSky smart port and with Dragonlink.
    In another manual for iNav I saw that you can configure two of the crossfire channels to TX/RX to get full telemetry.

Can the Crossfire system read / transmit telemetry from the Vector's UART?

It appears that the "supported" method is to put the crossfire on the vector i2c bus as detailed here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-TBS-Crossfire
    Unfortunately you don't get all the telemetry like voltage/current consumption, heading and the like. One of my winter projects this year is to code up a open telemetry->BST converter. Should hopefully be able to do it with a simple arduino uno. Can keep you in the loop if your interested.

I opened up a support ticket with eagletree at the beginning of last year asking for crsf support in the vector as this would do everything for us. But it appears that things on the firmware/feature end at eagletree have been in radio silence for a while now. I even offered to do the work for the pro-bono, sign NDA ect. But no response at all. Can't hurt if you add in a request though. Would be nice to see better integration between the two platforms.

~Paul

It's funny you mentioned that because I was also thinking of trying to make an arduino based converter. It's a shame ET won't add native crossfire support.

Anyway I'm definitely interested if you decide to pursue it.

By the way, I'm also from Upstate NY (1 hour north of Albany) - what city are you near?

Agreed! def add a support ticket if you can. Would be nice to know if someone is alive on the development side over there ;-) I'll setup a github repo once I get started and we can work on it together. From Hilton here, just west of Rochester. You go to any of the NEFPV Feat meets or Bender g2gs? I try to get out that way for all of those

Ticket sent. Not holding my breath though, the Vector is getting quite long in the tooth. It wouldn't surprise me if they are putting all their effort into something new.

EDIT: They replied and said that they added it to the feature request queue to be reviewed by the dev team.
    Last edited by fahrvergnuugen; 30th January 2019 at 02:15 PM.

Just curious, I think it might be a pre-canned response. Did it look like this?

"Paul,

We're adding your suggestion to our "feature request" list which our product development team reviews regularly for prioritization of future development projects.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses. Please Note: If replying to an email from our ticket system please do not respond within the body of our message since it will not be parsed properly by our system and your reply will not be seen by our staff.

Any communication you receive from our technical support staff is only a supplement to instructions in the user manual. It is not practical for us to communicate all the information, warnings, etc. included in the manual, and we assume in our communication with you that you have read the manual. Always follow the instructions in the manual unless we tell you otherwise, in writing.

Thank you,
    Eagle Tree Systems Support
    "

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 7.38.05 PM.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	78947

Yes, thatís the exact response I got.

Figures.

I setup a repo last night. Just stub code in there now to do an i2c walk from the arduino example. Will try to flesh something out this weekend and will let you know once I get something that somewhat works.

https://github.com/pkurucz/opentelem_to_bst_bridge

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nbias View Post
    Figures.

I setup a repo last night. Just stub code in there now to do an i2c walk from the arduino example. Will try to flesh something out this weekend and will let you know once I get something that somewhat works.

https://github.com/pkurucz/opentelem_to_bst_bridge

Thoughts on making a crossfire to sbus protocol converter instead of having to use the bst port?

i guess it would be bad if the Arduino crashed because you would lose your control link, but I implemented an Arduino based differential thrust mixer for the vector with good results.

https://github.com/fahrvergnuugen/rc...l-thrust-mixer