Thread: Pitot sensor reads 180mph when stationary

Pitot sensor reads 180mph when stationary

I can't figure out why my vector OSD is displaying ~180mph on the OSD. I configured it to show the air speed from the pitot sensor. When I disable the pitot in the configuration the speed reads 0mph (based on GPS). I have tried power cycling several times and though the value changes, it's always way too high.

There's nothing in the trouble shooting part of the manual that describes this condition, nor is there a calibration procedure.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

we had similar problems due to interference with 1,2GHz video transmitter... just tip for check.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by zlutyslamak View Post
    Hi,

we had similar problems due to interference with 1,2GHz video transmitter... just tip for check.

Jan
    I have had the same issue and have replaced the air speed sensor. I am running 1.2 GHZ with 1 watt. I noticed that sliding air sensor in and out of holding tube could rezero the display. I am now trying to move the transmitter away from the pitot tube. This does not seem logical however since I have a long piece of silicon tubing on my sensor and it is located away from transmitter beside the vector.

Pitot tube

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Mccutcheon View Post
    I have had the same issue and have replaced the air speed sensor. I am running 1.2 GHZ with 1 watt. I noticed that sliding air sensor in and out of holding tube could rezero the display. I am now trying to move the transmitter away from the pitot tube. This does not seem logical however since I have a long piece of silicon tubing on my sensor and it is located away from transmitter beside the vector.
    I have done some more testing and it is clearly the transmitter on 1.2 GHZ causing difficulty. I am finding it difficult to get the transmitter and antenna far enough away from the vector.

Good to know that even bad experience can help someone :-)

Jan

Of you are using crossfire then just plug and unplug battery until it's solved.