FPVLAB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aiming for long range FPV wing: Drak or Caipirinha2 ?

I have flown quad copter for about a year and I just made the plunge over to planes. And I wanted to share a little. So I bought the nano talon for $100 it comes ready to fly minus the rx and fpv gear. It comes with a gyro stabilizer thing already installed that has three different modes, the first mode is beginner/ take off mode and that is the only mode I have flown in so far and it works amazing. The planes has taken off and flown no problems from the first take off. I would just punch the throttle and chuck the plane and its flying with the birds. The first time I flew it I ran into a pole don't ask me how it found the only pole with in 5 miles and exploded on it. At first I thought was that I am never going to fly planes again and stick to what I know quads. Once I got home and was able to assesse the damage I was able to with gorilla glue to glue the front of the plane back to the fuse and long story short it's back together and I have had 3 successful flights out a 3 and I'm hooked on flying as far as I can. BUT what I have notices is that planes are not stable platforms the wind/ turbulence bounces them all over the place. There are things to do to minimize turbulence though. Good luck and let's use know what you buy.

Nanos in general fly squirrley in the wind. It's airplanes with more mass to them that get banged around by the wind less.

The Caipi2 is excellent. Very stable and you can (have to actually to get the cg right) put an enormous lipo in it (6600mah) and it can fly forever. I agree with bungee launching. Especially for a maiden, which allows for a well out of trim airplane to stay airborne without stalling and give you time to get it flyable. Once a plane is trimmed and flying well, hand launching is alot easier. Also for a wing at cruise speeds the wag is minimal in the Caipi2 making for great site seeing. It's a weird wing because to look at it you'd think it will stall if you don't keep the speed up because it's relatively small for its weight, but it just hangs in the sky. I didn't think building it was bad at all. But I have built alot of aircraft so it may be tough on a new flyer.

Edit the other really cool thing about the Caipi2 is you can land it anywhere. It just stops when it lands, instead of a long slide. The first time I landed it I thought I stuck the landing and I did. But it traveled like 3 feet instead of sliding on the grass lol.
    Last edited by billyd; 24th January 2019 at 03:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12