Thread: No GoPro video feed anymore on Disco Pro 2 with Core Pro and Hero 4 Black

No GoPro video feed anymore on Disco Pro 2 with Core Pro and Hero 4 Black

It's been a long time since I've flown my Discovery Pro, but I thought it would be nice to take it out for a spin again. I am using a Core Pro on the quad and a GoPro Hero 4 Black for recording video. Before I wanted to go out, I first updated all software to the latest versions (v5 of the Hero firmware and TBS Agent to update the Core Pro and Crossfire).

Unfortunately I am not getting a GoPro video feed anymore, where it was all still working the last time I flew the quad (I think 2 years ago). So if I switch from FPV video output to Hero output, I just get no signal (blue screen on the TBS Groundstation).

I have already checked if the little board that goes into the back of the Hero is damaged; it's not, and I also tried a spare board which did not make a difference. I have set the Hero to NTSC and to PAL, didn't make a difference either.

And finally I have set the video output to Hero in the OSD of the original TBS Core (i.e. not the Core Pro, there's no setting there, right?) which resulted in no video feed anymore at all. Fortunately I memorized how to switch back to FPV again in the menu

Any ideas? Is this a known problem? It's been so long that I flew the quad and as I said, I've updated all firmwares to the latest versions that perhaps there's an incompatibility now?

Sorry, I obviously meant Disco Pro in the title, not Disco Pro 2... wishful thinking I guess

Would be worth trying another GoPro. Does it swith to black screen wen you swap cameras?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Unfortunately I don't have another GoPro at the moment, and I also recall reading somewhere that only GoPro Hero 1 to 4 were supported (Hero 4 requiring an updated connector board, which I already tried two of). So if that is the case, I would need to get another Hero 4 (or 3) from somewhere.

Anyone using the Hero 4 with the latest firmware (v5)?

I downgraded the Hero's firmware to V3 and then even V1, but still didn't work. So it's not the firmware.

What I noticed, according the Core Pro's manual on the bootup screen the detected video system (PAL/NTSC) should be displayed. But it is missing from my boot screen, only the detected peripherals etc. are shown. Not sure if that means anything?

Well it's not the GoPro. I sent the output of the GoPro link board via the CAM link (normally used by the pilot cam) to the vtx, and I get the view from the Hero on my monitor. Also tried a spare cable from the IMU to the top plate, no difference.

did u try bypassing the core pro and go through the original core??
    flyin HIGH