Thread: unify pro unlocked but no 800mw option in smart audio?

Navigator

unify pro unlocked but no 800mw option in smart audio?

Title says it all...I unlocked my unify pro and it now has both the red and blue led lit when it initializes (which means it is unlocked according to manual) but when I try to set it to 800mw in the smart audio osd the next option past 600mw is "---"?

What am I doing wrong?

thx!
    Dawson

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Title says it all...I unlocked my unify pro and it now has both the red and blue led lit when it initializes (which means it is unlocked according to manual) but when I try to set it to 800mw in the smart audio osd the next option past 600mw is "---"?

What am I doing wrong?

thx!
    Dawson
    any ideas? if I select "---" will I be on 800mw?

Navigator

What am I doing wrong?

thx!
    Dawson
    hello?

Is this a problem no one else has encountered? TBS?

Navigator
    hello?

Is this a problem no one else has encountered? TBS?
    This is the tbs support forum? An "I don't know" would suffice if you guys haven't seen this problem before but being totally ignored isn't cool. I just spent 200 dollars to convert my quads over to crossfire and it's gonna cost me another 40 bucks everytime I build a new quad but if this is what I can expect when I have a question that should be simple to answer for anyone with experience with it maybe I made the wrong decision?
    Last edited by Dawson; 7th November 2018 at 10:24 PM.

It's quite dead here, very sad. Try Facebook, if you have an Account. I don't have, and I'm not willing to create one.
    How is the blinking sequence when you start it up? Does it show the high setting? (3 times blue and 4 or 5 times the other one)?
    Don't remember so well how it was, if 800mW is 4 or 5 blinks after the 3 blue ones...
    ---> Let's make the Lab great again! <---

Caipi 2 / Strix Goblin / RVJet / Mini Race Wing / Mini Talon
    Copters from Whoop to XClass

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by WDZaphod View Post
    It's quite dead here, very sad. Try Facebook, if you have an Account. I don't have, and I'm not willing to create one.
    How is the blinking sequence when you start it up? Does it show the high setting? (3 times blue and 4 or 5 times the other one)?
    Don't remember so well how it was, if 800mW is 4 or 5 blinks after the 3 blue ones...
    Thanks for replying.....I haven't actually tried setting it to the "---" setting as I'm not sure what that will do? I haven't even had time to fly that quad any lately but I think I'll set it to 800mw manually and then see what it shows it set to in the smart audio menu the next time I pull that quad out to fly. I love the unify vtx's, particularly the 5 volt only one, it's small, thin, has that 800 mw option and can't fry itself but this is my first foray into smart audio, I want to add it to all my quads but want to get this issue cleared up before I go to all that trouble ya know. Sad this forum is no longer frequented, When I got my first unify I got help almost immediately when I posted questions here....I don't do facebook either but it seems more and more companies are using it as their support site now as if they think everyone drinks that coolaid..
    Last edited by Dawson; 12th November 2018 at 11:55 PM.

I think the problem is more on the OSD side. Nothing after 600mW, are you sure it's Smart Audio? The IRC Tramp has 600mW Power Level, maybe you are in the wrong menu? VTX SA would be the right one.
    Check the Blinking Sequence when you power it up, and if you can change manually to the highest power level (5). Press the Button 3 seconds, wait 2-3 seconds, press again, repeat until the blue LED blinks 3 times. Then set higher the power level with short button presses, and check if you can reach 5 amber led blinks. If yes, confirm/save with another 3 sec button press. Then power cycle, and see if the new blinking sequence shows 5 amber flashes after the 3 blue ones.
    If this works, the TX is really unlocked.
    How do you control SmartAudio? What kind of OSD? TBS OSD reuquires a call sign entered.

double post
    Last edited by WDZaphod; 13th November 2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: double...

Navigator
    I think the problem is more on the OSD side. Nothing after 600mW, are you sure it's Smart Audio? The IRC Tramp has 600mW Power Level, maybe you are in the wrong menu? VTX SA would be the right one.
    Check the Blinking Sequence when you power it up, and if you can change manually to the highest power level (5). Press the Button 3 seconds, wait 2-3 seconds, press again, repeat until the blue LED blinks 3 times. Then set higher the power level with short button presses, and check if you can reach 5 amber led blinks. If yes, confirm/save with another 3 sec button press. Then power cycle, and see if the new blinking sequence shows 5 amber flashes after the 3 blue ones.
    How do you control SmartAudio? What kind of OSD? TBS OSD reuquires a call sign entered.

I'll have to check, I may have been selecting the wrong option in the OSD, I know it said VTX sa and vtx ta or something like that but I wasn't sure what it meant and I picked one and had the settings on it so I'll double check when I have a chance to fly it again. Thx!

Navigator
    Well, turns out I was selecting vtxta as you suggested, but what was throwing me off is I had forgot to set uart3 to smart audio in bf config when I flashed the latest bf, and for some reason vtx ta shows settings and I can change them which made me think it was the correct one, while vtxsa just showed no information at all, untill I turned on smart audio anyway,lol. Now I can select 800mw no problem so all is good in the world,lol.

thanks again for giving me some ideas that helped me figure out the problem! TBS should put you on their payroll,lol