FPVLAB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please come back to FPVLAB and get off facebook

Co-Pilot
    Bloody Bookface!! How many people had their personal details leaked from Facebook again?

No thanks!

I don't have a Facebook Account, and I will never have.
    And all the companies just offering support by Facebook: Sorry, not possible for me to buy your product.
    Very sad, the direction it all develops.

I agree. I ditched FB long ago though. It hasn't been the same around here since that damned Bruce kiwi started the miniquad revolution (j/k Bruce, I got nothin but love for you my friend) and being a fixed wing long ranger this was always my favorite board. I do need to visit more often though.

immersed from the start AtariJoe's Avatar
    I miss the god old 2010īs when all and everything here was about discovering new territory, and finding a surprise behind each corner. It was something new and BIG, not often you get to be a part of that...
    -LOSers cry wolf when they see SHEEP
    -Why? ...because I can.

Navigator
    Dont blame Facebook, blame dji!

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmernz View Post
    Dont blame Facebook, blame dji!

I don't see the connection. The people that were here are now on facebook doing what they used to do here. DJI stuff doesn't present much of a challenge, not as much to talk about with rtf stuff outside of very basic information.

Quote Originally Posted by AtariJoe View Post
    I miss the god old 2010īs when all and everything here was about discovering new territory, and finding a surprise behind each corner. It was something new and BIG, not often you get to be a part of that...
    True. But maybe we (as fpv community in general) were too successful. Back when everything started nearly no specialiced equipment was available and it was a group effort to get a decent system together. But today you just visit youtube and search for "build fpv quad" and get a very detailed tutorial with affiliate links to the products and everything. I'm not saying this is bad but this pioneering spirit isn't there any more. Big improvement are still possible (and are happening). Just compare a kk flight controller to the naze with the first versions of baseflight and what you get with a modern FC with betaflight. But it's more or less iteration on working stuff and not something new.

Or how about the merging of multiple emerging new tech all at once. I remember learning how to 3D model and print all because I wanted something that didn’t exist yet. Home built Cnc machines, the first use of cp antennas, the rise of APM, hell even the use and integration of different foam was game changing. And damn it, I miss Ian’s crazy awesome builds! That mini bird was just sick!
    Last edited by Blizzard1287; 6th October 2018 at 07:07 AM.
    Some fly for attitude, others for altitude

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by billyd View Post
    I don't see the connection. The people that were here are now on facebook doing what they used to do here. DJI stuff doesn't present much of a challenge, not as much to talk about with rtf stuff outside of very basic information.
    I agree a lot now use fb groups as it's easy to share pics and vids etc, my dji comment was meaning that they solved a lot of problems for some by providing good off the shelf solutions without the learning curve of self builds.

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by faber View Post
    I agree. I ditched FB long ago though. It hasn't been the same around here since that damned Bruce kiwi started the miniquad revolution (j/k Bruce, I got nothin but love for you my friend) and being a fixed wing long ranger this was always my favorite board. I do need to visit more often though.
    LOL... don't worry, my new "super-safe BVLOS flying" series should put some interest back into fixed-wing FPV ;-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast