www.immersionrc.com

Thread: motor temp

Navigator

motor temp

vortex 250 stuck in tree, got it down battery ran all the way down. When attempted to fly again sounded really bad
    Very loud. !. motor sounded the worst. I replaced the motor with the same brand, ran the wizard, ran Beta Flight. The motors look good.

I flew today with Pulse 1350 45C battery. Flew 3 minutes. Nothing fancy. I landed and checked motors with temperature gun.
    The motors were 100 and 102 degrees. My concern is that the Motors are way to hot
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

pcm26
    Last edited by pcm26; 9th September 2018 at 04:50 PM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by pcm26 View Post
    vortex 250 stuck in tree, got it down battery ran all the way down. When attempted to fly again sounded really bad
    Very loud. !. motor sounded the worst. I replaced the motor with the same brand, ran the wizard, ran Beta Flight. The motors look good.

I flew today with Pulse 1350 45C battery. Flew 3 minutes. Nothing fancy. I landed and checked motors with temperature gun.
    The motors were 100 and 102 degrees. My concern is that the Motors are way to hot
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

pcm26
    My general rule of thumb for electronics is, if you can keep your finger on it for 10 seconds with no problem, you're fine. Are you talking about 100 degrees celsius? or Fahrenheit?

Navigator
    Fahrenheit thank you for getting back with me

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by pcm26 View Post
    Fahrenheit thank you for getting back with me
    Yep! 100 degrees Fahrenheit is totally normal for a brushless motor to run at, you can expect higher temperatures if you are flying in warmer weather. its also normal for that motor to be running a little warmer than the others, as its not totally broken in yet.

The temperature seems good but as a general hint: the filter config of betaflight influences the motor temperature.