Thread: Canít get GPS/UART 3 to be recognized in BetaFlight

Canít get GPS/UART 3 to be recognized in BetaFlight

I have tried to install a Ublox M8 in the Colibri in the Oblivion using Betaflight and the Port page saves the selection as GPS for Sensor but in the Configuration page BetaFlight doesn't let the GPS stay selected after saving the set up.

Is there a CLI command needed to allow this or some step I'm missing?

I've done this successfully with other Flight Controllers but the Colibri is not letting me get it done.

any help is most appreciated!

I have the same issue, have you found a solution? After saving the GPS is deactivated again.
    Thanks

The problem I discovered is the Colibri is an F3 processor and Betaflight’s newer versions have disabled certain features in the F3 releases of the firmware because the F3 doesn’t have enough processing power to process all the new features without turning some features off.. If TBS could get the Betaflight team to create a version that turns off other features most of us don’t use, like motors 5-8 and leave GPS active then we could do it.

Of course TBS sells a GPS solution that plugs into the power cube so they probably don’t care but the Oblivion doesn’t have room for the TBS module plus their GPS antenna so really it isn’t a ‘solution’.

The ublox GPS is tiny and perfect for the smaller frames but I doubt we will get any love.
    Last edited by EnchiladaJones; 22nd June 2018 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EnchiladaJones View Post
    The problem I discovered is the Colibri is an F3 processor and Betaflightís newer versions have disabled certain features in the F3 releases of the firmware because the F3 doesnít have enough processing power to process all the new features without turning some features off.. If TBS could get the Betaflight team to create a version that turns off other features most of us donít use, like motors 5-8 and leave GPS active then we could do it.

Of course TBS sells a GPS solution that plugs into the power cube so they probably donít care but the Oblivion doesnít have room for the TBS module plus their GPS antenna so really it isnít a Ďsolutioní.

The unlocks GPS is tiny and perfect for the smaller frames but I doubt we will get any love.
    Wow thanks this really makes sense. Just spent around 5 hours trying out 3 different GPS with different settings and flashing the GPS without luck ;/

Maybe we can try Betaflight 3.4 RC or Inav.