FPVLAB

Thread: Hi from Tasmania, in Australia

Hi from Tasmania, in Australia

Hi all, just joined the craze that is FPV. Starting with the hardest type, quads, mainly for their minimalist area needed to fly, as in indoors for the time being. Bought a Bat 100, which is a 1s brushless micro quad. it was great until I hit the bench top a bit hard. Those motors, 0705 15000Kv, are pretty small and scaling dosen't work. The material strength has to go up as we miniaturise. So am upgrading to 1105, I think, and 10000Kv to keep using the 1s stack. I'm an oldie, 53, but have loved flying since I was a wee lad. Thanks for letting me into your community. Cheers.

Welcome Aussie to the Lab!!!
    I will be OUTSIDE, so if anyone looks for me, I will be OUTSTANDING!!!!

Navigator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by anestito3 View Post
    Hi all, just joined the craze that is FPV. Starting with the hardest type, quads, mainly for their minimalist area needed to fly, as in indoors for the time being. Bought a Bat 100, which is a 1s brushless micro quad. it was great until I hit the bench top a bit hard. Those motors, 0705 15000Kv, are pretty small and scaling dosen't work. The material strength has to go up as we miniaturise. So am upgrading to 1105, I think, and 10000Kv to keep using the 1s stack. I'm an oldie, 53, but have loved flying since I was a wee lad. Thanks for letting me into your community. Cheers.
    Congrats on finding FPV. Its the most addictive thing i've ever experienced..now i know why commercial pilots love to fly, flight is just so addictive. Seeing our world from a different perspective is just so fascinating. I started with quad rotors a few years ago also, but now im building a couple of fixed wings for im craving more flight time..to soar above the clouds and to go long range. Your not an oldie, they say 50's are the new 40's. All the best for your FPV journey.