FPVLAB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Video Contest | Brainstorm

Great idea Sentry. The better the prizes the better the videos.
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

sounds like fun sentry. can we fly over nudist beaches???
    flyin HIGH

Try an Link the products/sponsors with the pilots that use them best... say runcam eagle is the product - get the best footage done by a pilot using said product on any FPV medium. (cars boats quads wings etc)
    or alien frame - or betaflight FC - best footage using these... trying to link a sponsor with a pilot long term is the dream...
    panicmovies.com

Navigator

Competition

[QUOTE=SENTRY;846780]So... I've been toying with the idea of a monthly video contest. Of course the FPVLab swag (hats and shirts) will be included... but I want to make sure I work with some of your favorite retailers to offer some prizes as well.

--> What kinds of prizes would you guys like to see and fly to compete for? Cams? Frames? Wings?? Video systems???

--> What should we do for categories (fixed wing / rotorcraft / ground), or should we keep this open??
    How long should the voting. I want to the voting to be fair --- I'm open to ideas about how we can accomplish this. A voting panel?? Votes from users on the site??

A voting panel with members from 3 countries
    multirotor,fixwing and racing are your 3 categories with photographic and film
    Subjects: landmarks
    Geoart - natural compositions on the ground ie: crop circles
    Travel
    Air to air
    Documentary ie: environmental as drones are making our world better.

prizes are a bonus but a great gallery will be hugely popular as well as a location to purchase others stock.

Navigator
    This would make a great prize:
    RMRC Recruit
    https://www.readymaderc.com/products...k-epp-wing-pnp

Navigator
    My two cents... As somebody fairly new to the hobby. I love seeing videos of new pilots, it reminds me that I am not alone out there and there are other people out there still learning. Not everyone can fly like JohnnyFPV.

So, a "Beginner" category would be cool. Also, what about a "Best Editing" category?

Prizes... I love shirts and winning anything that is FPV related is always a plus and I do not think they all need to be really expensive prizes either. I would be happy winning a FPVLab battery strap or some other type of SWAG.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by sdtacoma View Post
    My two cents... As somebody fairly new to the hobby. I love seeing videos of new pilots, it reminds me that I am not alone out there and there are other people out there still learning. Not everyone can fly like JohnnyFPV.

So, a "Beginner" category would be cool. Also, what about a "Best Editing" category?

Prizes... I love shirts and winning anything that is FPV related is always a plus and I do not think they all need to be really expensive prizes either. I would be happy winning a FPVLab battery strap or some other type of SWAG.
    Hmm can't have too many..beginner and editing?

Editing is part of the best video, how the flight footage compliments the music and vice versa.

As for beginner maybe others can chime in about that, but me personally i'm not for it for there are to many variables.

I'm more than happy to stand corrected on that though..

Navigator

“Beginner”

[QUOTE=sdtacoma;846810]My two cents... As somebody fairly new to the hobby. I love seeing videos of new pilots, it reminds me that I am not alone out there and there are other people out there still learning. Not everyone can fly like JohnnyFPV.

I see this and already heading for the door!
    very “American” everyone gets a prize!

i have left the building...bye

Navigator

Lol...

[QUOTE=GWT;846820]
    Quote Originally Posted by sdtacoma View Post

I see this and already heading for the door!
    very “American” everyone gets a prize!

i have left the building...bye
    Well the OP did say monthly..so why not.

Navigator
    Rcgroups ran something like this a long while back but it stopped all of a sudden. It was a scavenger hunt, you were give tasks to do and as long as you completed all the tasks you were entered. I thought it was a pretty good way of getting pilots of all skill levels involved.
    The winners were then drawn randomly from the valid entries.

Example here
    Excuse the bad video quality, it was a tiny wing in strong winds with a keychain camera on it
    Last edited by coreire; 12th May 2018 at 10:07 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast