FPVLAB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Video Contest | Brainstorm

Monthly Video Contest | Brainstorm

So... I've been toying with the idea of a monthly video contest. Of course the FPVLab swag (hats and shirts) will be included... but I want to make sure I work with some of your favorite retailers to offer some prizes as well.

--> What kinds of prizes would you guys like to see and fly to compete for? Cams? Frames? Wings?? Video systems???

--> What should we do for categories (fixed wing / rotorcraft / ground), or should we keep this open??
    How long should the voting. I want to the voting to be fair --- I'm open to ideas about how we can accomplish this. A voting panel?? Votes from users on the site??

Let's brainstorm here and figure out something that is fair.

PS: if the prizes are awesome, I'll read up and learn how to fly FPV and compete against you guys as well.

Sentry
    Last edited by SENTRY; 10th May 2018 at 02:42 PM.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    So... I've been toying with the idea of a monthly video contest. Of course the FPVLab swag (hats and shirts) will be included... but I want to make sure I work with some of your favorite retailers to offer some prizes as well.

--> What kinds of prizes would you guys like to see and fly to compete for? Cams? Frames? Wings?? Video systems???

--> What should we do for categories (fixed wing / rotorcraft / ground), or should we keep this open??
    How long should the voting. I want to the voting to be fair --- I'm open to ideas about how we can accomplish this. A voting panel?? Votes from users on the site??

Let's brainstorm here and figure out something that is fair.

PS: if the prizes are awesome, I'll read up and learn how to fly FPV and compete against you guys as well.

Sentry
    Sounds good, here is will dobins entry!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SENTRY; 10th May 2018 at 02:43 PM.

^ overachiever - lol.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

A contest is a great idea:-) About the prizes I don't know, and maybe its not that important. We all buy the toys we need anyway. Maybe gift certificates?

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    ^ overachiever - lol.
    It wasn't me, but these guys posted this video yesterday and it was awesome so I had to share it! Hope all is well with your brother haven't talked to you in awhile!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Agree with Havard! Maybe a 15% coupon from RMRC or GetFPV or free shipping from those vendors for the members in Europe and UK?

Sorry to disagree. I think gift certificates are okay, but discount coupons are kind of boring.
    Most everyone likes free stuff. Maybe you could offer a choice to the winner. A grab bag of sorts.

As far as judging, maybe you could have submissions for the first two weeks of the month then member voting for the second two weeks. In the case of a tie, have a panel made up of you and previous winners. Obviously, it would be up to you for the first contest. Also, I think that winners should be ineligible for a couple of months after winning. Some guys have a distinct advantage just because of the scenery where they live and fly.

If if you can manage it, I think separate contests for fixed wing and multi rotors would be good.

Thanks for the opportunity to give my input.

I think it should be an open contest, I agree that winners should be excluded for a time, possibly 12 months, if there is a way of members only voting once, that would be a good thing and I don't care about prizes, coupons, vouchers, freebies, whatever. A nice trophy like an FPV Oscar would be cool. Thanks for asking.

The simple rule for the video should simply be "Don't fly Stoopid!"

Fly Mr Steele to our home town for a flying demo and a 1 on 1 lesson.

Navigator

Great Idea..

[QUOTE=SENTRY;846780

Sentry[/QUOTE]

Great idea..but surely your joking on the last sentence and have flown FPV before..?

I think rotor and wing should be separate..there's so much rotor footage out there, but hard to find good quality fixed wing footage.

Apparel from companies would be nice.

I remember when i ordered my Drak i asked if they had a Ritewing t-shirt for i think they look great, but sadly one wasn't available.
    But also i can understand as to why they wouldn't want just anyone wearing one of their shirts.

I think a motor/esc and prop package would be a good prize.

If camera companies wanted to jump in then they could offer a HD camera and then request to have that used in the winners next video to show case it and even offer a narrated review, etc.

My favorite pilots are Daemn42/Techdaemon and the guy he flys with Ezikiel121212 for they combine fast free flowing flights, chase footage and proximity which i love, great locations and great music for the edit.
    Now if those 2 were in the mix they would get my vote almost every time..but if they were judges then that would make everyone entering the contest step up and create some fantastic flight footage.

Drak pilots Sweetieinsf and Thomas Solvik fly in beautiful locations, i love watching their videos.

I think for the contest the uploader should have the footage titled-FPVLAB CONTEST ENTRY #1, something like that, previous flight footage made before the announcement of the monthly contest should not be allowed.

But if you guys wanted to give out something to members for the best flight footage for say 2017..and also a best footage so far for 2018, that would be cool also.

Anyway i think Daemn42 and Ezikiel121212 would be great judges.

My favorite flights from those 2 are from 2016-COFPV 9 Mile Ridge Run and COFPV Green Day-Graugans v Drak.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHCETSiBNq8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THHV3C-6IHo

That Graugans is one very fast plank.
    Last edited by 39LineFPV; 10th May 2018 at 07:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast