Thread: crossfire micro telemetry chart analysis

crossfire micro telemetry chart analysis

can some one interpret this chart from a x220 quad and micro? horizontal antenna placement
    it seems ok as rfmd never went to 0 and rfmd was never below 70%. is TPWR the power the TX is putting out? and in this case it was never above 25mw? power set to dynamic
    Flights 1 and 2 are only about 3,500' in distance but are 2,000' up in elevation, a mountain flight so i was never more than 400' AGL.
    Flight 3 is pretty much straight out and about 1.2 mile out.
    thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valley flight 4.26.18.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	78419

Navigator
    RQly is what matters with crossfire, it's an indication of how may packets are being dropped, on the graph it seems to stick at or near 100% which is what you want.

Tpwr is indeed the transmit power of the tx and yes it stuck with 25mw the whole time, you really didn't go that far from your tx so that 25mw seems reasonable. When link quality starts getting poor then it should start pushing more power, at least i think that's what it should do.

RFMD is the update rate when rfmd =2 then the update rate is 150hz, rfmd =1 the update rate is 50hz, rfmd =0 then it is 4hz update rate. Your graph shows it was mostly in mode 2 which is great.
    Last edited by Beltdriven; 28th April 2018 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltdriven View Post
    RQly is what matters with crossfire, it's an indication of how may packets are being dropped, on the graph it seems to stick at or near 100% which is what you want.

Tpwr is indeed the transmit power of the tx and yes it stuck with 25mw the whole time, you really didn't go that far from your tx so that 25mw seems reasonable. When link quality starts getting poor then it should start pushing more power, at least i think that's what it should do.

RFMD is the update rate when rfmd =2 then the update rate is 150hz, rfmd =1 the update rate is 50hz, rfmd =0 then it is 4hz update rate. Your graph shows it was mostly in mode 2 which is great.
    thanks for the great explanation! i will push a little farther to the batteries limits!