www.immersionrc.com

Thread: New Vortex 150 Sends SOS

Navigator

New Vortex 150 Sends SOS

Hi,
    New to mini-quads but I've been flying micro's and a Mavic Pro for a while.
    Just got a new Vortex 150 and a FrSky XSR receiver. Transmitter is a x9d+. Goggles are DJI RE.
    I was able to get the rcvr installed internally and bound to the transmitter.
    The camera and OSD are working fine. I went through the TX setup wizard with no apparent problems.
    I can even hover it with no problems.
    But,
    When I power up the 150 the LED's settle down to all RED and a few seconds of flashing. My limited understanding is that they should be green if the startup diag's are good, correct?
    After hovering and landing the quad starts sending SOS in morse with loud beeps within a few seconds. That seems like a definite problem :-) It does not do this during flight, only just after landing.
    It won't stop until I pull the power.
    Is there something I could have missed in the excitement to get this thing up and running?
    How do I tell what the quad is failing on startup? There is nothing obvious in the OSD and I don't see any menus that tell me the current status where I might see what the error is.

Thanks,
    Steve

Navigator
    The SOS sound is the lost model alarm feature and perfectly normal. Trust me, you'd want that if it went down out of sight in a bush or something. That's why it starts when you pull off all power, hit your throttle cut switch, etc. I just kick it into the OSD and the beeping stops. Or, I can flick my throttle cut switch. As for the LEDs, go into the OSD and turn them off completely. Check to see what it does then. I don't have the 150, but I do have the 250 Pro and Mojo 230, which act the same way. I get the individual green LEDs lighting up as each thing is checked and then it "settles down" (your term) into whatever LED mode I have set like flashing, intensity, etc in the colors I chose.

Navigator
    Good explanation, thanks. The documentation led me to believe that the power on diag's were failing and I jumped to the conclusion that the SOS was related.

Steve

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahMaht View Post
    Good explanation, thanks. The documentation led me to believe that the power on diag's were failing and I jumped to the conclusion that the SOS was related.

Steve
    As long as the LED's flash green a few times before changing color, you're good to go. As stated above, you can change the red LED color in the osd.