www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Cannot get Vortex Mojo to arm after Betaflight modifications

Navigator

Cannot get Vortex Mojo to arm after Betaflight modifications

This is my first serious drone and I'm having some difficulty setting it up. First of all, for the life of me I could not figure out how to put the receiver in bind mode. The instructions called for pressing the reset button next to the micro-usb port until the third beep to put into bind mode. This unfortunately did not work with my Spektrum 4649 receiver. I became impatient and put the receiver in my torrent and bound to my TX, then switched it back to my Mojo.

I went through OSD just fine however, I hate the fact that an Arm switch was not set up and the Modes were backwards for my liking (1 - Horizon, 3 - Acro). As such, I dove into Betaflight for my first time. Mind you, it took me an eternity to get the drivers setup right and open my COM port for the quad.

Attached is a screenshot of what I did in betaflight for what I thought was to create an arm switch and change the modes. I made these changes on the modes tab pressed save, then disconnected. Now when I power up my Mojo, the following happens:

- Moving Pitch/Roll does not "Continue" and the OSD start with batt volts etc. Is stuck on my monitor.
    - Changing Aux to 1/2/3 no longer changes the Horizon/Acro/Airpouts inputs on the OSD
    - Moving throttle stick to top left corner no longer arms the quad.
    - I can no longer make OSD setting changes

Obviously I did something wrong. I went back into betaflight and under setup page, hit "Reset Settings" to default and I still have the same problems. Please help!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	78201  

Navigator
    Download BF 3.2.2 (latest version) from ImmersionRC for the Mojo. ONLY that version since it's tuned specifically for the Mojo. After you install it, it will automatically take you through the Wizard setup. I had to do it more than once and I couldn't figure out how to manually run the Wizard again since the Mojo doesn't have a "reset" button on it like my Vortex 250 Pro does. Reinstalling BF takes it back to the out-of-the-box state so you can go through the Wizard again. Oh, and make sure you update the OSD first, too. Doing the OSD first seems to work more smoothly for me. You'll get both firmwares in the one BF download and be sure to use the Vortex Configurator app. Don't do it through BF.

Navigator
    Or, after just having read another post by the IRC authorities... Just hook the Mojo up and run the Vortex Configurator. There's a freakin' "Reset TXWizard" button right there. I didn't notice it before. LOL

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandywc View Post
    Or, after just having read another post by the IRC authorities... Just hook the Mojo up and run the Vortex Configurator. There's a freakin' "Reset TXWizard" button right there. I didn't notice it before. LOL
    Thanks, that worked! I've been fighting with BF for two days and you are a life saver! Went through the OSD setup again and quad is now bound and flies.

Question, I want to add an arm switch and make Horizon Aux pos 1 and Acro Aux pos 3. How do I make these adjustments? You saw what I did in BF before and it messed everything up

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by bbohannon View Post
    Thanks, that worked! I've been fighting with BF for two days and you are a life saver! Went through the OSD setup again and quad is now bound and flies.

Question, I want to add an arm switch and make Horizon Aux pos 1 and Acro Aux pos 3. How do I make these adjustments? You saw what I did in BF before and it messed everything up
    You need to assign the arm switch to a AUX position. I think it's AUX 2, but don't quote me on that. Just keep trying until you see the tick mark move up and down the range for the arm switch. As for the flight modes, you have to set the range sliders in BF. Just center the ranges over the tick mark for each position you want.