www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got my Blade Vortex 230 Mojo. A few Qs?

Navigator

Just got my Blade Vortex 230 Mojo. A few Qs?

Got it all set up and everything appears to be working correctly in Betaflight. First question: Am I supposed to see "Airmode" on my goggles when I'm in Airmode? I'm not seeing it even though the range is set correctly in Betaflight and the box switches from greyed out to orange when I flip the switch and the pointer moves into the range, so it looks like it's set correctly.

Next question: What is the VTX power output for MAX? I see 25, 200 and 350mw. I'm guessing LOW is 5mw or so for pit use, but what about MAX?

Thanks! Looking forward to flying this one. Oh, and first thing I did was update to the latest BF 3.2.2 for the Vortex 230 from the IRC site.

Navigator
    Oh, and is it okay to leave those DSMX antennas like that just hanging out of the frame? That doesn't seem quite "finished".

With the most recent update I believe AirMode is always on so you won’t see that in BF. I’ll hook back up and screen shot mine to make sure.

ImmersionRC’s Tramp HV, which is the Tx that race organizers worldwide demand.

Support for all standard FPV channels and power levels, from sub-1mW to >600mW, with Dynamic Power Control which allows pre-take-off power level to drop to sub-1mW while waiting on the starting grid, saving precious battery power, and keeping temperatures low.

If the Rx antennas are out the center holes then yes you can leave them. I put mine out back because I get way more antenna sticking out but most will not
    Last edited by DesJardins; 23rd February 2018 at 10:21 PM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post
    With the most recent update I believe AirMode is always on so you won’t see that in BF. I’ll hook back up and screen shot mine to make sure.
    I turned the "always on" function for Airmode off because I only want it on in rate mode when I'm flying up and away. I'm running BF 3.2.2, which is the latest IRC version for the Mojo. I can see the Airmode range, as I talked about in my first post, just the same as previous versions of BF and hitting the switch indicates that Airmode is being enabled. What I was asking about is if I should be seeing an Airmode prompt in the upper right in my goggles where it displays the current flight mode.

I'm still pretty much a noob, so I still land in angle mode, so I don't want Airmode constantly on for that. Yeah, I know I have to get over that, but it's working for me now and I don't want to make any drastic changes with a brand new quad before I even fly it since I set it up exactly like my Vortex 250 Pro except I didn't touch the PIDs. Everything is moving and indicating correctly in Betaflight. I haven't flown my Vortex 250 in a while, so I can't remember if I got an Airmode prompt on the googles or not. I sure seem to remember it, though.

ImmersionRC’s Tramp HV, which is the Tx that race organizers worldwide demand.

Support for all standard FPV channels and power levels, from sub-1mW to >600mW, with Dynamic Power Control which allows pre-take-off power level to drop to sub-1mW while waiting on the starting grid, saving precious battery power, and keeping temperatures low.
    I'd still like to know the exact value for the Max power output. And, there's no AUTO function like my Vortex 250 has to provide automatic switching between low and high power when the motors are armed/disarmed. Just LOW, 25mw, 200mw, 350mw and MAX.

If the Rx antennas are out the center holes then yes you can leave them. I put mine out back because I get way more antenna sticking out but most will not
    I guess that's where mine are. They come out the holes on the sides of the frame right ahead of the rear arms. It just seemed strange having all that loose antenna wire flopping around and it looks like it could get cut by the props. And, it doesn't allow for any diversity with putting the two antennas at 90 degrees to each other unless it doesn't really matter on this quad.
    Last edited by Bandywc; 24th February 2018 at 12:41 AM.

Navigator
    Also, is there a way to force it to run the Wizard? For some reason, things didn't "take" the first time and I couldn't find an easy way to run it again because there's no button like there is on my Vortex 250 Pro. I just reinstalled the IRC version of BF 3.2.2 and ran the Wizard again when it automatically started up.

connect it to the vortex configurator and press txwizzard reset.

Navigator
    How do I get the lost model alarm enabled? I didn't have to do anything on my Vortex 250 Pro to set it up. On my Mojo, it doesn't start sounding off when I disarm the motors with a switch like the 250 does. Thanks!

that's weird after arming and dissarming it should come on after max 1 minute. Do the other beeps work?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmersionRC Support View Post
    that's weird after arming and dissarming it should come on after max 1 minute. Do the other beeps work?
    I think so. It beeps on startup and in the OSD. It played the tune (Mario Brothers?) fine after finishing the Wizard. But, it can take a full minute before the lost model alarm starts? I'll have to check that as I know I didn't wait a full minute since my Vortex 250 starts playing it almost immediately after I hit throttle cut and disarm the motors.

Mine automatically comes on as well, power cycle that beast and try it again!