FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy who has been googling ALOT

Forum Member

New guy who has been googling ALOT

Okay, been researching and trying to understand all the information.

I purchased a couple IBCrazy 1.2GHz and 1.3GHz antennas. I am looking for my VTX setup and ran across this and got a bit confused. Reading the description and information it states is covers frequencies from 900MHz to 1.3Ghz. Is it common that a single device can cover various frequencies like that?

For example, isn't my Taranis X9D Plus ONLY 2.4Ghz? So how can this device cover multiple frequencies.

Hoping someone can fill in the gaps for me.
    Thanks,
    Kerry

Forum Member
    Yes it is common that a Rx is able to cover that large of a frequency band. Just make sure you get the appropriate antenna. If you coupled that with a nice 1.3ghz antenna for RX you'll be plenty fine.

Also you will have to pick the actual frequency you want to receive on. It won't just pick up that entire range.
    sum ting wong
    WI to low
    BANG DING OW -chatch

Sounds like a typical RcLab1 maiden flight to me :D -ssassen

Whatever. This forum sucks. -SENTRY

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
    Just make sure you get the appropriate antenna. If you coupled that with a nice 1.3ghz antenna for RX you'll be plenty fine.
    These are the antennas I purchased. These would work, correct?

My approach is to purchase 2 of these for my ground station and plug those into an Eagle Tree Eagle Eye setup.

Hoping I am on the right track.

Forum Member
    Yep those will work. That is a omni directional configuration. That will work great to probably 3 miles.
    It'll work further but 3 miles is more than you're gonna need for right now.
    You only need one receiver for the ground unless you're doing something weird that's not customary.
    Most people use linear polarization on the fixed wings cause of the reduced drag.
    But as of right now your setup will work fine.
    sum ting wong
    WI to low
    BANG DING OW -chatch

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
    Yep those will work.
    Appreciate the help!! Stay tuned as I am sure I'll have more questions.

Thanks,
    Kerry

Forum Member
    Sounds good. Feel free to shoot me a private message too.
    sum ting wong
    WI to low
    BANG DING OW -chatch

Forum Member
    Would something like this work or are they cr@p? Just trying to understand why there is such large differences in manufacturer pricing? Is the RMRC (vRx / vTx) equipment that much better to warrant such a spike in overall cost?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrycorcoran View Post
    Would something like this work or are they cr@p? Just trying to understand why there is such large differences in manufacturer pricing? Is the RMRC (vRx / vTx) equipment that much better to warrant such a spike in overall cost?
    That is way to much power to start off with imo. And yes rmrc stuff is really good. Personally I would stick with a 400 mw unit, should have pleanty of power for a couple miles on an Omni antenna. Very few people use that much power on their aircraft.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Forum Member
    If your using 2.4 as your control frequency you need to read up about frequency harmonics and how they can affect each other. Your video can basically step on your control signal because of the frequency your using. Generally you want to use a video signal higher that your control signal ( 2.4 control with 5.8 video) so your video goes out before your control signal, so you can turn back when it gets fuzzy. With all of that said I used 1.3 video with my spectrum transmitter, you just have to be careful and know your range.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j5coat View Post
    Personally I would stick with a 400 mw unit, should have pleanty of power for a couple miles on an Omni antenna.
    I should clarify that I am not so much confused about the VTX power, but rather why is there so a huge price difference in a RMRC VRX and some of these knock off VRXs? Hope that makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast