FPVLAB

Thread: PAL? NTSC? VTX VRX care? 1.3 ghz troubleshooting

Forum Member

PAL? NTSC? VTX VRX care? 1.3 ghz troubleshooting

Still trying to track down why my 5.8 video system works but my 1.3 system is black screen with audio only.

Is the camera (runcam micro swift 2) the only place to select PAL or NTSC format? What would be the symptoms if the wrong format was selected?

Do the VTX or VRX have to be configured for one or the other?

My VAS 1.3 VTX and VRX didn’t come with any manual. Each have 1 button that I assume that changes channels. When I push the VTX button, it displays “9” push again and I get “d”, that’s all it displays. What is d?

The VRX cycles through 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,H,C,d. What are H,C,d?

Brad

Forum Member
    The letters are different channels. Does your screen show black or static? If you got black it means your channels are matched, but you have no video signal. If its static means channels are not matched. Vtx and vrx don't care about NTSC or pal, nor do most displays. I just seen you have black screen, sounds like your camera is not wired properly plus you have audio so it is a video signal problem from your camera to vtx.
    Last edited by Beerwiser; 17th February 2018 at 03:52 AM.
    "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve"
    Kid Rock

Forum Member
    The weird thing is, 5 seconds earlier with the 5.8 vtx plugged in everything works perfect. I know the camera works , I know the OSD and vector work, the audio works. But when I unplug the 5.8 and use the 1.3 I get a black screen with audio . I do get static over audio if channel is not matched, but always black screen.

i have tried 2 1.3 vtx, 2 vrx even 2 antennas with the same result. Even tried swapping the whit and yellow wires from vtx... got black screen and NO audio.

still don’t know why I only see 9 and d from vtx, no other options

Forum Member
    Decided to re-wire and solder the video lead from VTX to servo plug. Now it works as it should! As is usually the case, the most obvious issue; no video but receiving audio, pointed to the video signal. Maybe I will learn to start with the obvious and move to the obscure next time.

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the RC community for the help you provide.

Now I may proceed with mounting electronics and gluing up the Skyhunter fuselage!!

Brad

Forum Member
    Well that has never happened to me and there is no proof of it lol. Good to see you got it going.
    "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve"
    Kid Rock