www.immersionrc.com

Thread: ezUHF interfering with 5.8 receiver

Navigator

ezUHF interfering with 5.8 receiver

I am running an IRC 5.8 DUO receiver with patch and omni antennas. I'm also running ezUHF. I was recently having problems with ezUHF signal range, where I would lose all signal at about 1 mile while video was crystal clear.

I realized my ezUHF antenna may be the issue and swapped to a Diamond SRH771. Well, the video interference was so bad I could only fly a few hundred yards out before losing video. Switching the ezUHF to low power helped a bit.

Any advice on things I could look into or try?

Thanks!

Navigator
    Thinking about this more, I'm guessing it is simply RF noise. 433 shouldn't interfere with 5.8. How far should the ezUHF transmitter be from the receiver?

As much separation as you can between any transmitter and any receiver in any circumstance. Also, you should run the 433 transmitter at a power setting that is as low as practicable. On my setup I would guess my receivers are above my head height and approx. 2 metres away from my 433 transmitter.

Navigator
    Thanks. I have been relatively close to it, but just ordered a 10 foot cable to get some more distance from the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Heppy Ket View Post
    As much separation as you can between any transmitter and any receiver in any circumstance. Also, you should run the 433 transmitter at a power setting that is as low as practicable. On my setup I would guess my receivers are above my head height and approx. 2 metres away from my 433 transmitter.

I noticed this as well as I started using the Goggles vRX module.
    I can clearly seen the signal bars raising as soon as I power the EzUHF.

Tried different channels (on the 5.8 video), tried to use different EzUHF firmware versions and different frequency span used.
    In the end what I did and that helped quite a bit was to flash the UK version of the EZ firmware, it uses a different frequency, power is limited to only the low mode but
    I hardly recall having to switch to high mode.

I know this is a particular case as for long range you may not always use your goggles as vRX but for smaller flights like the one I was doing (~4KM) is a good simple solution.
    And the noise the EZ puts in the vRX is definitely restricting the range.
    www. xRotor .net | 0x0FPV00
    youtube.com/Nandox7