VideoAerialSystems

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EXUHF Range issues with various VAS antennas

Navigator
    I tried 2 different ez diversity rec’s W same result. Never had tx on without antenna and power tx w separate 3s. It sounds like it’s either a plane noise issue or tx is bad.
    Questions:
    Can I use the ezuhf scanner thing to find noisy plane components? I assume I would disconnect components til I find the culprit?

do I need to worry about my turnigy 9xrpro interfering on the tx end?

im using unshielded servo wire to my vtx and ezuhf rec out on the wings for power and signals. Is that a no-no?

Navigator
    I tried 2 different ez diversity recís W same result. Never had tx on without antenna and power tx w separate 3s. It sounds like itís either a plane noise issue or tx is bad.
    Questions:
    Can I use the ezuhf scanner thing to find noisy plane components? I assume I would disconnect components til I find the culprit?

do I need to worry about my turnigy 9xrpro interfering on the tx end?

im using unshielded servo wire to my vtx and ezuhf rec out on the wings for power and signals. Is that a no-no?

My first uhf was the ezuhf jr module and I fought with it for months and became very good at cutting down rf noise on the craft. I could go out few miles but later I discovered that the module was only putting out 52mw and 75mw on high. I later bought the aluminum box and I don't know how far I can go. I think it's around 300mw on low.

Navigator
    Kreskin how did u test tx output?

Quote Originally Posted by CFish View Post
    Kreskin how did u test tx output?
    It was bugging me so much that I finally bought the immersion power meter after my warranty was up of course. It's nice to have though as I can check all my video transmitters as well. An alternative is to go to a shop that services two way radios and get checked out.

Navigator
    Cheap way of testing if your antenna is putting anything out.
    Works on most things.
    https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/microwave...n-tester-n53fu

I was having failsafes with my Crossfire at 50ft until I found out my Mobius camera was putting out a ton of noise on 900Mhz.Now that the Mobius is gone I've had it 3 miles out. Use the powermeter, but check for noisy components. The RX has the component checker in IRC Tools.

Navigator
    I can’t get my pc to recognize my exuhf receiver when plugged in usb, so I can’t use the scan. Plan to install shielded cables and power supply filters on vtx, camera and ez receiver and try again. I’m getting about 2 Miles range at 400 ft altitude now, but apparently that is way low of expected range. Also ordered a 2nd ezuhf to see if that’s the issue. This is an expensive hobby! I’m spending my retirement on these dang toys.

Ps: my understanding is a noisy frequency won’t interfere with lower frequency communications, only frequencies that are whole multiples of the noise frequency. If that’s true, your 900mhz noise should not have affected 433mhz uhf. Maybe someone can expound on this.

well he uses the crossfire tx which runs in the 900mhz band. if your pc cant recognize the usb, how can you know if the ezuhf tx and rx are using the same firmwares? same frequencies?
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    well he uses the crossfire tx which runs in the 900mhz band. if your pc cant recognize the usb, how can you know if the ezuhf tx and rx are using the same firmwares? same frequencies?
    My pc apparently decided to stop playing nice with my ezuhf stuff recently. I already set up and bound the Rec and TX before that happened. now pc says "not communicating with EZUHF " every time I try to use ImmersionRCTools program. Wish IRC had a Mac version of Tools.