VideoAerialSystems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EXUHF Range issues with various VAS antennas

I also have UZUHF. The tx will not bind if the rx has a different firmware.

Navigator
    Sooooo, this is my first FPV experience and I just realized that I havent been using EXTREME HOPPING on the EZUHF. NOt sure why the Configurator defaults to 433-435 range, but that's what Ive been in. Changed to Extreme Hopping and hoping I'll get many more miles. Ive been averaging around 2,5 Miles before Failsafe occurred on 433-435. Installed shielded cables on VTX and EZ Receiver. Trying out Ext Hopping tomorrow. Next up will be figuring out how to get better Video 1.3 GHz range. Using mad mushrooms but thinking I'll need a crosshair.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by CFish View Post
    Sooooo, this is my first FPV experience and I just realized that I havent been using EXTREME HOPPING on the EZUHF. NOt sure why the Configurator defaults to 433-435 range, but that's what Ive been in. Changed to Extreme Hopping and hoping I'll get many more miles. Ive been averaging around 2,5 Miles before Failsafe occurred on 433-435. Installed shielded cables on VTX and EZ Receiver. Trying out Ext Hopping tomorrow. Next up will be figuring out how to get better Video 1.3 GHz range. Using mad mushrooms but thinking I'll need a crosshair.

well, that was disappointing. I tried Extreme Hopping today and think range was actually less than when I was on 433-435 bands. Bought a new EZUHF 2W Transmitter and hoping that does the trick.

you changed the rx to extreme hopping in the tools also?
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    you changed the rx to extreme hopping in the tools also?
    Yes, yes. I’m flying in a suburban area and I’m thinking I’m getting lots of noise from towers, hams, etc...that’s all I can figure, unless the tx is bad. I’ll find out when I try the new tx I just received. If it’s still the same, it’s gotta be interference from other sources. This is wearing me out!

Quote Originally Posted by CFish View Post
    Yes, yes. I’m flying in a suburban area and I’m thinking I’m getting lots of noise from towers, hams, etc...that’s all I can figure, unless the tx is bad. I’ll find out when I try the new tx I just received. If it’s still the same, it’s gotta be interference from other sources. This is wearing me out!
    I read a post years ago (maybe on this forum?) from a guy in Florida. He mentioned having horrible range, went though every possible bit of gear. Turns out the pine needles in the trees he was flying near were the same length of the the 433 (I think) antennas he was using and causing natural grief. Could very well be something in the environment. But, since they're going for like $40 now, I'd grab a 2W box to test with, make sure it's not your tx.

I had poor range with my EZ box when I first got got it, using the diversity RX
    Now I ensure I have a really clean supply to the RX, even a dedicated one for LR, and I have had better results with the 8ch lite and 4ch RX's
    Worst I have had is an a/c auger in at less than a Km, best so far is 26km using a VAS moxon on TX and a VAS dipole on RX