www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Vortex 230 Mojo Issue

Forum Member

Vortex 230 Mojo Issue

I just purchased the vortex 230 mojo. Got my rx bound, ran the wizard, everything seems to be good. I cannot get it to connect to the configurator though. I have updated all the drivers, tried all the other fixes. I just get a "failed to open serial port" error. I was going to update the osd/fw to the newest versions from the product page, and I also need to configure switches in betaflight for arming, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ps. I did follow the stickied post that has you plug in usb, unplug then replug, plug in lipo, open configurator....still does not work, flashing or connecting at all.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by st0rm4g3ddon View Post
    I just purchased the vortex 230 mojo. Got my rx bound, ran the wizard, everything seems to be good. I cannot get it to connect to the configurator though. I have updated all the drivers, tried all the other fixes. I just get a "failed to open serial port" error. I was going to update the osd/fw to the newest versions from the product page, and I also need to configure switches in betaflight for arming, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ps. I did follow the stickied post that has you plug in usb, unplug then replug, plug in lipo, open configurator....still does not work, flashing or connecting at all.
    You need to update the firmware through the Vortex Chrome app, both the OSD, and FC firmware are flashed through the Chrome app.

Forum Member
    Did you get it fixed?

Forum Member
    Were you able to get this fixed? I'm having the same issue. I cannot connect to the Vortex Configurator either. I used the Zadig to update my drivers and according to the Device Manager, I can see the Mojo, just can't connect through Betaflight or the Vortex Configurator. I'm running the latest version of Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy10 View Post
    Were you able to get this fixed? I'm having the same issue. I cannot connect to the Vortex Configurator either. I used the Zadig to update my drivers and according to the Device Manager, I can see the Mojo, just can't connect through Betaflight or the Vortex Configurator. I'm running the latest version of Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.

Go here:

https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-prod...rtex-230-mojo/

Then scroll to near bottom of web page and look under "Specifications & Support Files" then click on the "Firmware & Download tab."

Follow directions from there.

Forum Member
    Thanks - I ended up having to go through a little different process to install the correct drivers through an older version of the ImmersionRC Tools program in order for the computer and the Vortex Configurator to communicate with the drone. If other people are having a similar issue, I posted my step-by-step in another thread. (search "230 Mojo won't connect" and it should come up).

Thanks again - I appreciate the help.

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy10 View Post
    Thanks - I ended up having to go through a little different process to install the correct drivers through an older version of the ImmersionRC Tools program in order for the computer and the Vortex Configurator to communicate with the drone. If other people are having a similar issue, I posted my step-by-step in another thread. (search "230 Mojo won't connect" and it should come up).

Thanks again - I appreciate the help.
    I used your process from your, "230 Mojo won't connect" post and it worked perfectly!

Many thanks!