Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: TBS Caipirinha V2 2018

  1. #11
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by depakinem View Post
    MD itís more multipurpose.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    Thanks for the input, depakinem.

    Can you expand on what you mean by multipurpose?

  2. #12
    You can fly long range / mid range or go super fast with the MD. I have both. But the caipi flys amazing to.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Navigator WDZaphod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    260
    Caipi 2 is in case of "buildability" the best plane I've ever seen.
    Added a Furious FPV F35 Flight Controller, a Unify Pro HV, Runcam Eagle2, Crossfire Micro, Ubox GPS. I did not cut any piece of foam!
    Seriously, this is plug and play. All channels are there where they are required and expected to be, brilliant.
    Not easy to launch, too much throttle and it torque rolls. Not enough throttle, and it will be down again. I added a bungee hook, with catapult lauch it's nice and easy.
    Flies well, nothing to complain.
    Only downside, but not the fault of TBS: Cube style cams like a Session 5 or Runcam 3 will become rare the next months.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5190.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	78644

  4. #14
    I Drink to Forget PDXDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by WDZaphod View Post
    Caipi 2 is in case of "buildability" the best plane I've ever seen.
    Added a Furious FPV F35 Flight Controller, a Unify Pro HV, Runcam Eagle2, Crossfire Micro, Ubox GPS. I did not cut any piece of foam!
    Seriously, this is plug and play. All channels are there where they are required and expected to be, brilliant.
    Not easy to launch, too much throttle and it torque rolls. Not enough throttle, and it will be down again. I added a bungee hook, with catapult lauch it's nice and easy.
    Flies well, nothing to complain.
    Only downside, but not the fault of TBS: Cube style cams like a Session 5 or Runcam 3 will become rare the next months.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5190.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	78644
    Nice! Can you share a pic of your bungee hook?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Shut up and fly.

  5. #15
    Navigator WDZaphod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    260
    This one of the hooks milled out of 1.5mm carbon fiber:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bghook1.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	403.7 KB 
ID:	78647

    They are connected by 2 screws at the side wall of the battery box, going through the holes of the front battery straps. I had to enlarge this hole slightly till it reaches the outer wall. Also I enlarged it 2mm in each direction to the sides, so the little "wings" of the hook (where they get wider) fit in. This ensures that it's not possible to push them together to the center of the plane.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bghook3.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	78645

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bghook2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	78646

  6. #16
    I Drink to Forget PDXDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by WDZaphod View Post
    This one of the hooks milled out of 1.5mm carbon fiber:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bghook1.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	403.7 KB 
ID:	78647

    They are connected by 2 screws at the side wall of the battery box, going through the holes of the front battery straps. I had to enlarge this hole slightly till it reaches the outer wall. Also I enlarged it 2mm in each direction to the sides, so the little "wings" of the hook (where they get wider) fit in. This ensures that it's not possible to push them together to the center of the plane.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bghook3.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	78645

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bghook2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	78646
    Very slick!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Shut up and fly.

  7. #17
    Navigator WDZaphod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    260
    Last flight: 85mAh/km. Just did 40km Roundtrip, but had plenty of capacity left. Very nice fuel consumption!

  8. #18
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16
    Just building one of these now. I'm a little nervous about the folding prop. I assembled the hub with a "stop" front and back, but there seems to be very little resistance preventing the prop blades coming too far forward and chewing up the foam? I am guessing the centrifugal force is greater than the forward thrust on the blades? I was going to bolt the motor assembly onto another plane just to verify how far forward the blades move when spinning.

    Have you had any issues with the blades contacting the wing? Thanks,

    KevinB

  9. #19
    Navigator WDZaphod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    260
    No, not any problem under normal conditions. In a crash with running motor it might eat your wing, but normal flight is fine.
    Just don't forget to enable the Brake in your ESC, the Prop never folds without active brake. Sounds like a Stuka in steep dive
    It gliedes very well with folded Prop.
    ---> Let's make the Lab great again! <---

    Caipi 2 / Strix Goblin / RVJet / Mini Race Wing / Mini Talon
    Copters from Whoop to XClass

  10. #20
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by WDZaphod View Post
    No, not any problem under normal conditions. In a crash with running motor it might eat your wing, but normal flight is fine.
    Just don't forget to enable the Brake in your ESC, the Prop never folds without active brake. Sounds like a Stuka in steep dive
    It gliedes very well with folded Prop.
    Thanks for the info! Like a Stuka ? Cool Can't wait to get mine flying and give that a try.

    KevinB

Similar Threads

  1. TBS Caipirinha
    By Shane Quale in forum Team-Black Sheep
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2nd November 2015, 04:16 PM
  2. Caipirinha ESC
    By noshowpony in forum Team-Black Sheep
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th June 2013, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •