www.immersionrc.com

Thread: So a Vortex 285, EzUHF, Taranis walk into a bar.... (Help me Tom Cruise!)

Navigator

Question So a Vortex 285, EzUHF, Taranis walk into a bar.... (Help me Tom Cruise!)

Vortex 285, EzUHF JR Module Tx and 4 ch EzUHF Rx, and a Taranis X9D+ walk into a bar and don't speak to each other...

Lame joke right? Not so lame when it's somewhat true!

I can't get these guys to talk with each other. I know (assume if we are being honest) that my Tx and Rx are talking since they sync'd (ver 1.53)when I updated the firmware. However I can't seem to get my Vortex off the ground. The Taranis has its internal RF turned off and external set to PPM.

What am I missing here?

At one point and time (circa 2015) this quad was working! I however had the privilege of living just 10 minutes south of Baltimore (Balmore if you are from there) which is to say it is a no fly state especially in the area I lived in. So while I did fly it, I didn't fly it often or at the heights I wanted to. I have since moved to Hawaii and decided to dig it out of its box and try to get some cool over head shots of my balding head while I am on the beach .

Can someone baby step me through where I went wrong? I have spent the better part of my days off digging for how to get this thing in the air and YouTube isn't my friend anymore.
    Last edited by piratecorey; 2nd December 2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: This hole I am digging is getting deeper, and I don't know why?

Navigator
    ****Edit (1)****

I found the Chrome extension(vOrtex -cfg) for flashing the FC. I downloaded the latest and greatest fw (OSD_v1.0.0.43.fw). The new problem I am having is programing: FAILED, Bootloader Communication Problem

***edit to an edit***

apparently you can also flash Cleanflight to your FC from vOrtex -cfg but the GUI in vOrtex -cfg fails in comparison to CLFL
    Last edited by piratecorey; 2nd December 2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: #'ing the #'s

Navigator
    ****Edit (2)****

After figuring out that the OSD fw doesn't fix my issue (got it to update thought, so that's a win). I realized I need to update my flight software, and since we are good friends here I knew I needed to do that from the start I just thought that the OSD was going to fix that issue.

However I am still hitting the bootloader issue. Can someone help me with getting a Fusion board into bootloader mode so I can load the latest Cleanflight (2.1.0 NAZE) to my quad?

Navigator
    ****Edit (3)****

YouTube decided to apologize and showed me a video of how to update with Cleanflight/ get to bootloader mode. I have confirmed my EzUHF tx JR Module and EzUHF 4-ch rx are bound (1.53 for both and on the same freq and tx ID's are the same and using CPPM). I have updated my OSD and FC (1.0.0.43 and NAZE 2.1.0 respectively). So my question is still the same...what am I missing here?

Navigator
    ****Edit (4)****

So about those clowns that walked into a bar...

After some finagling with some settings in Cleanflight and having an extensive understanding of how CLI works I programmed the right map for my Taranis, set up an ARM and flight mode... I crashed my quad into my kitchen ceiling... its late and flying it in the dark just seemed like a worse idea.

Ok let start from the beginning:
    pls download the firmware package here: https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-prod...x-racing-quad/
    The install both fc and osd firmware through the vortex configurator.
    Use the vortex configurator to set the rx to ppm.
    Then finish the txwizzard in your goggle.
    Then you can connect it to betaflight configurator to configure it further. Don't use cleanflight anymore that is obsolete.

Navigator
    If I don't have goggles...can I still use Betaflight to configure my quad?

You have to use goggles or a screen to finish the txwizzard. That's the only option to configure the 285.