Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.8 repeater set up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post
    Power, ground and video going into the video tx. The fourth wire may be white for audio. Some tx have voltage out to power the camera. The thing I always strive for is noise free video.
    Will check the TX when comes in for the "Voltage out to power camera" option. Understand there may be some soldering needed between the wires of the VTX and Vector.

Oh a Vector. That's an easy setup that works well.

1.3 came in from VAS !! Making sure I understand the connections properly so don't "Fry" electronics.

1. Yellow and White RCA connections from FS Repeater go to 1.3 VAS receiver.
    2. Have power lead to 1.3 receiver using a battery tap connection from 2.2 maH 3 cell. Will the repeater need a separate battery source if I power the 1.3 receiver with the 3 cell ?
    3. Ultrabeam antennaes connected to transmitter and receiver.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 26th November 2017 at 02:10 PM.

Navigator
    Wish I had seen this before...my brother just did this on his VAS 1.3 Pepperbox. Basically a 1.3 VTx on the plane to a 1.3 receiver on antenna then into an adjustable output 5.8 Vtx also on antenna to 5.8 Rx on monitor or now we can watch/fly or sit on the flight line with goggles ( did you follow all that ? ). I sat out on the flight line with box goggles and flew out long Saturday while the Peanut gallery was in the pits watching the flight on the monitor. His 5.8 VTx has a mic on it so later when I watched I could hear all the comments and questions. Pretty cool!

Yes followed. Not using a monitor, just FS Dominator V3's . Do have 1.3 hooked up and running. On channel 9. Did take off the external case off the transmitter to save weight. Transmitter is on outside of plane, so has sufficient air flow to stay cool. Have not taken it up yet, just got all solder connections made yesterday afternoon.

Using VAS Ultrabeams now and will go to the Pepperbox later,
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 27th November 2017 at 09:51 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Pond View Post
    Yes followed. Not using a monitor, just FS Dominator V3's . Do have 1.3 hooked up and running. On channel 9. Did take off the external case off the transmitter to save weight. Transmitter is on outside of plane, so has sufficient air flow to stay cool. Have not taken it up yet, just got all solder connections made yesterday afternoon.

Using VAS Ultrabeams now and will go to the Pepperbox later,
    Cool !!! Pepperbox is great. After flying with my brother's I ordered one on the spot after the first flight!

When using the FS Repeater, does it matter what frequency you're using on your goggles ? I'm using FS Ch. 1 5740.

Took the ground station out today to fly 1.3 for the first time and was concerned about break up of the video. Had a lot of horizontal lines at 3/4 mile distance. Lines were engine noise as the lines would disappear with no throttle and increase with throttle acceleration. Did get out to 1.5 mile, but video was starting to get bad at this point.

I have my gpggles furious true D receiver tuned to 5740 on 5.8. Didn't know if the repeater had a "separate" channel it had to be set at, or does it matter ? Will add a LC Filter next time to help clean up the noise.

Also looking at the High and Low pass filters from RMRC. Which will work best on 1.3 VTX ? Am using DL 433 for TX.

Will post video next session. I'm using 800 mv VTX and Ultra beams.
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 29th November 2017 at 07:51 PM.

Navigator
    When using the FS Repeater, does it matter what frequency you're using on your goggles ? I'm using FS Ch. 1 5740.

Took the ground station out today to fly 1.3 for the first time and was concerned about break up of the video. Had a lot of horizontal lines at 3/4 mile distance. Lines were engine noise as the lines would disappear with no throttle and increase with throttle acceleration. Did get out to 1.5 mile, but video was starting to get bad at this point.

I have my gpggles furious true D receiver tuned to 5740 on 5.8. Didn't know if the repeater had a "separate" channel it had to be set at, or does it matter ? Will add a LC Filter next time to help clean up the noise.

Also looking at the High and Low pass filters from RMRC. Which will work best on 1.3 VTX ? Am using DL 433 for TX.

Will post video next session. I'm using 800 mv VTX and Ultra beams.
    Are you running a separate BEC??? Also sounds like you may need a ferrite ring on the 1.3 VTx cable on board. Not an expert by any means but I'd try that first.
    Last edited by FPVZed; 30th November 2017 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks FPNZed

Not running a separate BEC. Do have ferrite rings and will try that on the VTX cable. Also have spare LC filter to use. Did order High pass filter from RMRC to use on VTX receiver. No expert here either by any means. Trying to see what others are using and what works for them.

I did have my 5.8 repeater located close to my 1.3 VTX receiver at first on my groundstation. Separated the 2 when found there was video trouble. Did improve performance some.

Navigator
    Thanks FPNZed

Not running a separate BEC. Do have ferrite rings and will try that on the VTX cable. Also have spare LC filter to use. Did order High pass filter from RMRC to use on VTX receiver. No expert here either by any means. Trying to see what others are using and what works for them.

I did have my 5.8 repeater located close to my 1.3 VTX receiver at first on my groundstation. Separated the 2 when found there was video trouble. Did improve performance some.
    What is the wattage on your 5.8 repeater? My brother was using either 0.5 or 1mw for his. I know it was less than 25mw. I'll have to get home and check because he gave me the same VTx to try on my pepperbox.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast