image
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: 5.8 repeater set up ?

  1. #1

    5.8 repeater set up ?

    Next adventure:

    Getting into 1.3 for longer range FPV. Have everything on 5.8 now. Read some threads of the 5.8 repeater that uses 1.3 for VTX. Looks like the answer for me. Using DL Slim for TX.

    Looking for a tutorial on how to set up and what equipment to use. Looking at Immersions's 1.3 receiver,

    https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...roducts_id=912

    What else will I need in this adventure ? Thanks for your help here.

    Cary
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 16th November 2017 at 12:48 PM.

  2. #2
    You just send the video out of the 1.3 receiver on your ground station into a 5.8 tx mounted next to it and just receive the signal from that 5.8 tx in your goggles or what ever you use for viewing. You can get into diversity receivers or trackers in the future and still send all the same way. Just look at the fatshark repeater to understand the wiring. Just takes a few minutes to set up. Just put rubber duckies on both ends.
    Last edited by Kreskin; 16th November 2017 at 03:32 PM.

  3. #3
    EagleTree EagleEyes makes a nice ground station centerpiece. Has 2 inputs for diversity if desired & 3 outputs for whatever you want such as DVRs and repeaters. Works by itself, don't have to use EagleTree flight controllers to get basic functionality, but can give you antenna tracking if used with a Vector FC. Also makes swapping frequencies a breeze, just have to change receivers.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post
    You just send the video out of the 1.3 receiver on your ground station into a 5.8 tx mounted next to it and just receive the signal from that 5.8 tx in your goggles or what ever you use for viewing. You can get into diversity receivers or trackers in the future and still send all the same way. Just look at the fatshark repeater to understand the wiring. Just takes a few minutes to set up. Just put rubber duckies on both ends.
    I will need the 1.3 Receiver:
    https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...roducts_id=912

    1.3 Transmitter:
    https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...roducts_id=915

    1.3 Antennae:
    https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=6241

    and
    https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=1288

    1.3 Filter:
    https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...roducts_id=484


    Does this look like everything I need to get this started ? I have the Fatshark 5.8 repeater on its way here (ordered). Several components I have listed are back ordered, hopefully will come in by spring. Want to get this together over the winter (building season), and flying by spring.

    Thanks

    Cary
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 20th November 2017 at 11:45 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyathyrio View Post
    EagleTree EagleEyes makes a nice ground station centerpiece. Has 2 inputs for diversity if desired & 3 outputs for whatever you want such as DVRs and repeaters. Works by itself, don't have to use EagleTree flight controllers to get basic functionality, but can give you antenna tracking if used with a Vector FC. Also makes swapping frequencies a breeze, just have to change receivers.
    Looking at the EagleTree EagleEyes as a ground station. Will be a add on as I get my 1.3 VTX station assembled. I am using the Eagle Tree Vector FC, so antennae tracking is a possibility. I am using DL UHF for TX, so no worries for outflying my TX.

  6. #6
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	77783This a 2.4 system with a singulariy and linear patch with a duo receiver and a lawmate receiver with a crosshair all going into a eagle eyes diversity and sent through the 5.8tx which can be seen bt the battery. About your filter. Do you need one with the dragonlink?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	77783This a 2.4 system with a singulariy and linear patch with a duo receiver and a lawmate receiver with a crosshair all going into a eagle eyes diversity and sent through the 5.8tx which can be seen bt the battery. About your filter. Do you need one with the dragonlink?
    The 1.3 set-up I described would work with the FS 5.8 repeater correct ? I would add the eagle eyes diversity later as I became more familiar with longer distance flying and the set-up I described. About the filter, would not need it with DL ?

  8. #8
    That will work fine. Keep it simple and make changes as you need them. I started with a lawmate and crossfire only. I then went to an immersion diversity receiver that has a omni and the crosshair. It did not have the range of the lawmate so I decided to get the eagleyes so I could add the lawmate. I hated the wires to my goggles especially when launching wings and went to the repeater which was a great improvement for the money. As far as your 1.3 with dragonlink, I'm not really experienced with it but I had read that dragonlink had software that dealt with that problem in the past.

  9. #9
    Thanks for the reply.

    I ordered SBA 1.3 VTX https://stoneblueairlines.com/fpv-ge...rnational.html

    800 mW Transmitter https://stoneblueairlines.com/fpv-ge...x-2ch-usa.html

    and Blue Bean Ultra antennaes https://stoneblueairlines.com/fpv-ge...egree-sma.html

    Question now is......

    I'm replacing my 5.8 Cricket Pro with this 1.3 system, paired with the 5.8 FS repeater.

    The Cricket Pro transmitter comes with a cable that powers (by jst connection) the Cricket and a camera cable for FPV.

    The 800 mW 1.3 transmitter has only one cable four pin ? Do I need an adapter cable that also connects to the camera as well, or am I missing something REALLY obvious here.
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 21st November 2017 at 12:49 PM.

  10. #10
    Power, ground and video going into the video tx. The fourth wire may be white for audio. Some tx have voltage out to power the camera. The thing I always strive for is noise free video.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 5.8 to 5.8 repeater?
    By markm75 in forum Ground Stations...
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th November 2015, 08:22 PM
  2. 5.8 ghz repeater
    By masterscross7 in forum ImmersionRC Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th June 2015, 07:56 PM
  3. Issue with TBS GS repeater
    By lookoutbelow in forum Team-Black Sheep
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 22nd October 2014, 03:58 PM
  4. gs 5.8g repeater power
    By ohsnap in forum Ground Stations...
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th May 2014, 07:30 PM
  5. UHF Repeater
    By Tukmol in forum RC TECH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th May 2013, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •