FPVLAB

image
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 106

Thread: ZOHD Nano Talon 860mm - full review / build log / mods

  1. #11
    Navigator Arxangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyathyrio View Post
    The tail servos appear to be different one from the aileron, but kind of hard to tell without pulling them out. I used a regular 12g MG servo.
    I certainly have plenty of those around... will figure something out!

  2. #12
    Navigator Arxangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    651
    Good news, BG have started stocking SPARE PARTS for the ZOHD models!
    Last edited by Arxangel; 13th March 2018 at 10:09 AM.

  3. #13
    Navigator Arxangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    651

    UPDATE 1 - first endurance test

    A little update, did a proper endurance a few days ago, and the results are... just over 60 mins on 1300mAh out of a 4S LiPo pack! That is some serious endurance, although I haven't loaded up the plane quite to its potential yet!


    I only have the DVR footage, and for some reason one of the files got corrupted just before it hit the 60 mins mark on the timer, which then reset and started from 0:00 again, but you get the idea. Seriously impressive endurance out of the Nano Talon!





    Last edited by Arxangel; 4th February 2018 at 05:03 AM.

  4. #14
    Which battery did you use for this endurance flight and what was overall weight of the flying plane?

  5. #15
    Navigator Arxangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by beygi1368 View Post
    Which battery did you use for this endurance flight and what was overall weight of the flying plane?
    It was a 1500mAh 4S Zippy Compact, plane was at little over 400 grams.

  6. #16
    Do you feel there is a more stable plane out there of similar size in high winds?

    Do you think you would get better radio reception if you braced the RCRx's antennas? I'm having a hard time trying to find info on bracing antennas on long-distance fixed wings. I'm just reading that shrink tube and plastic tubes may or may not affect 2.4Ghz reception, and cutting down a 27mm XSR & R-XSR antennas to 1/4 wave 31mm may or may not improve reception.

    Thanks for the post. I didn't realize the Echine TX526 5.8 had built-in filtering. That's a heck of a deal for the price!

  7. #17
    Navigator Arxangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Do you feel there is a more stable plane out there of similar size in high winds?

    Do you think you would get better radio reception if you braced the RCRx's antennas? I'm having a hard time trying to find info on bracing antennas on long-distance fixed wings. I'm just reading that shrink tube and plastic tubes may or may not affect 2.4Ghz reception, and cutting down a 27mm XSR & R-XSR antennas to 1/4 wave 31mm may or may not improve reception.

    Thanks for the post. I didn't realize the Echine TX526 5.8 had built-in filtering. That's a heck of a deal for the price!
    Actually most recent Vtxs have in-built filtering now. In some it is probably better implemented than in others, but most have it!

    As for antennas, right now they are flapping around on the Nano Talon because I am waiting until the upgrades to properly mount them! So many years of long range flying thought me that vertical mounting will give you best results in this situation, so I will be mounting them vertical when the AP is in there! At first I will have an XM+ installed, because I want to test its max range, but then I will put in an L9R for some really nice distance!

    As for stability in high winds... I have no idea! The Nano is the first model in this size that promises such great long range potential, and I haven't tried many others! Will have to do some tests or wait and see if something better comes along!

  8. #18
    I don't think my RMRC Cricket V2 has a built-in filter.

    So you've found that vertical mounting (one antenna pointed up, the other down) is better than a V-shape configuration? What's the best way to mount the antenna to not affect range? (zip ties, heat shrink, putting the antennas in plastic tubes, etc..)
    Last edited by Stuntman; 21st November 2017 at 08:04 AM.

  9. #19
    Navigator Arxangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    I don't think my RMRC Cricket V2 has a built-in filter.

    So you've found that vertical mounting (one antenna pointed up, the other down) is better than a V-shape configuration? What's the best way to mount the antenna to not affect range? (zip ties, heat shrink, putting the antennas in plastic tubes, etc..)
    Hey, sorry for the delay in replying!

    Yes, vertical mounting does seem to work rather well for long range! You don't need to point one up and one down... or you could if you want to! Mine are both up, and I am pretty happy with the results! They are linear antennas, so it really doesn't matter if they are up or down!
    I have used plastic tubes for the antennas on the regular receivers that are just the wire, and I have a printed mount for the plastic antennas on the L9R, and at 22kms range it doesn't appear to affect it quite as much! I do have them mounted near the bases of the antennas though, so I guess I am not over the antenna bit itself.

  10. #20
    Navigator Arxangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    651
    Has been a while, but I finally got the iNav installed in the NT, and also put the LiIon pack together! A full written update with photos will follow shortly!



Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 2nd March 2019, 11:58 AM
  2. ZOHD Nano Talon, tiny plane with BIG potential!
    By Fyathyrio in forum FIXED WING
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12th December 2018, 11:18 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 4th November 2018, 03:36 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th November 2016, 07:06 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14th October 2016, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •