FPVLAB

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: ZOHD Nano Talon 860mm - full review / build log / mods

I wonder if I can use Nano Talon for aerial photography with a Runcam Split 2, fitted to the underside bay, will it fit?

Quote Originally Posted by haiduc32 View Post
    I wonder if I can use Nano Talon for aerial photography with a Runcam Split 2, fitted to the underside bay, will it fit?

The split is very compact, so I don't think that will be a problem!

UPDATE 8 - Flat Wing mod

It is finally here folks, you asked for it and I finally did it... the Flat Wings mod, using the PARTS originally made by bonafidepirate:

https://youtu.be/ld9OA-ziLEUfor which I am eternally grateful, because otherwise this would have been a very sloppy job! Not that it wasn't a little now... since I managed to glue the wings in as well... not on purpose... but I think I will survive, given where I want to fly the plane.

So, after a quick print job the parts were looking pretty good, and they did seem to fit quite well too!

They also seemed to fit quite well while dry testing them... really wanted to make sure they would fit before ruining the stock ones!

These wedges are meant to go on the underside of the roll control parts to level them out! This, actually, was not as easy to do as you would think, because those roll pivots have a piece of plastic that goes DEEP into the foam!

Getting the stock plastic parts out was indeed tricky as I had to use a thin sharp knife, and run it around all of the edges of the plastic, between it and the foam, and had to do it carefully so as not to ruin the foam too much, so it will be able to hold the new printed pieces after that!

In the end... I did manage to remove them with relatively little damage to the foam... I guess I could have been a bit more careful!

I was not able to preserve the stock parts in their entirety... but they are not really needed anyway!

Now, fitting the parts in their respective places showed that they lined up quite well with each other and with the openings in the foam, so seems the pirate has done a good job on this design!

The wedges also seem to be quite right to level out the roll pivots. Once I made sure everything fits I put some glue all around and let it set overnight.

Continues in next post...
    Last edited by Arxangel; 22nd September 2018 at 02:26 AM.

... continued from previous post!

And here is where I messed it up a little bit and glued the wings in!

Initially I assembled the wings as well so they would keep all the parts aligned, because they fit so tightly, that even a bit of misalignment would have made inserting the wings quite impossible... but in the process of gluing the central piece to the side pieces, some glue go spread over the wing's carbon spars... and so they ended up attached permanently!

I don't mind this too much though, because I do want to fly this plane far and high, and up there winds do pick up speed, so knowing the wings will not just fall off is a comforting thought!

Now, with the glue all set, it was time to head out to the field and give these new flat wings a try. Further down the line I might also Try some of the other mods, as well as put some aileron servos on the wings, thus reducing the slop in the control system, and hoping it would improve things even further!

And finally here is the video, I hope you enjoy it and stay tuned as I am not quite done with this plane yet!

Hi, me back again. So I got the Nano Talon, and crashed it on first flight after installing iNav.

Does anyone have good PIDs for Nano Talon for iNav 2? with stock ones, elev and rudder are barely reacting.

Quote Originally Posted by haiduc32 View Post
    Hi, me back again. So I got the Nano Talon, and crashed it on first flight after installing iNav.

Does anyone have good PIDs for Nano Talon for iNav 2? with stock ones, elev and rudder are barely reacting.
    Indeed that is how the mix works... limits the travel for some reason! Hasn't been a problem for mine though... but I was using a Pixhawk... iNav sucks in my opinion!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011