image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: New Goggles? Which ones to buy?

  1. #11
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    11
    watch eBay for Dominator HD2's.
    I'm all into the 16:9,... 4:3 feels like Old School, and the 16:9 feels like more peripheral vision.
    on eBay you may find a pair with the receiver included.

    i have HD3's i bought on eBAY (I saved a few bucks) and i put in a TBS receiver. (Plugging them into my tango is a drag if you have to set down the controller, or take off the goggles). now i'm scrounging up the $104 for the LaForge V$ with Diversity module and doors (covers)

    i also have a pair of FlySight that I keep with my Micro quad for a 2nd setup.

  2. #12
    Navigator schugabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    596
    I agree that a integrated dvr would be a very nice thing but I upgraded my old Dominators with the fan face mask so the fog problem is already solved :-D

    If you just compare just the image quality/fov: do you think that the image quality changed? The FOV is a bit larger for the Attitude v4. Do you feel more immersed?

  3. #13
    Sky King j5coat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by schugabe View Post
    I agree that a integrated dvr would be a very nice thing but I upgraded my old Dominators with the fan face mask so the fog problem is already solved :-D

    If you just compare just the image quality/fov: do you think that the image quality changed? The FOV is a bit larger for the Attitude v4. Do you feel more immersed?
    The faceplate fits on your dominator v1? I hate the eyecups, can you post a pic of your goggles?

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

  4. #14
    Navigator parajared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Prescott, Az
    Posts
    256
    If you just compare just the image quality/fov: do you think that the image quality changed? The FOV is a bit larger for the Attitude v4. Do you feel more immersed?
    No,
    It looks exactly the same. My Mighty Helm of Dorkiness/the Dork Helm is significantly more "immersive" than anything else I've seen, the image is huge. It's that mondo-cheap $25 Quanum V2 Pro goggle with a Dollar Tree Fresnel lens.

  5. #15
    Navigator schugabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by j5coat View Post
    The faceplate fits on your dominator v1? I hate the eyecups, can you post a pic of your goggles?

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I also hated the eyecups. When the faceplate was released I simply bought it and used some hot glue to attacht it to the goggles. There is a gap on the bottom left and right but there is no light coming in so everything is working great.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fs_dominator_00.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	78438
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fs_dominator_01.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	78439
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fs_dominator_02.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	376.1 KB 
ID:	78440

  6. #16
    Sky King j5coat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,150
    Awesome I will have to order one, I have the v1 dominators and a pair of the headplays. I do love the headplays fov and while I'm using them have no issues but when I take them off I feel a little wierd. The Dom's on the other hand have alot smaller viewing screen but I love the size and they don't give me the weird feeling when I'm done flying. Did you have to modify the dominators for the fan? Thanks for the pics!

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

  7. #17
    Navigator schugabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by parajared View Post
    No,
    It looks exactly the same. My Mighty Helm of Dorkiness/the Dork Helm is significantly more "immersive" than anything else I've seen, the image is huge. It's that mondo-cheap $25 Quanum V2 Pro goggle with a Dollar Tree Fresnel lens.
    Okay thank you for this information. So the "direct successors" of dominators would propably not be a large step forward (except the dvr).
    The HDO Goggles are kind of tempting because the OLED displays should have much better contrast and a fov of 37 with a 4:3 ratio seem the be a good mix of features. But the price is a bit steep :P

    @KennyB you said that you like 16:9 more. I guess that the image is simply strechted since the cam is probalby a 4:3 camera. Does this somehow bother you during the flight? I never tried 16:9 but I have the feeling the the "height" of the image is the most valueable information because otherwise you miss the upper part of the image where you can see the horizon if the nose of your craft is pointing downwards.

  8. #18
    Navigator schugabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by j5coat View Post
    Awesome I will have to order one, I have the v1 dominators and a pair of the headplays. I do love the headplays fov and while I'm using them have no issues but when I take them off I feel a little wierd. The Dom's on the other hand have alot smaller viewing screen but I love the size and they don't give me the weird feeling when I'm done flying. Did you have to modify the dominators for the fan? Thanks for the pics!

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The fan comes with the faceplate and you simply power it with the balancer leads from the lipo. I don't think that I needed to mod anything for the fan (I modded my dominators in 2016 so I don't really remember what I did :-D ) Just be carefull that you don't glue down all slots where the fan blows in the air :-D I left some air gaps in the section left and right of the nose and directly under the fan.

  9. #19
    Sky King j5coat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,150
    Works great! So much better than the eyes cups!

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

  10. #20
    Navigator schugabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    596
    Nice! The fan cover would be nice... I often touch the fan while I'm searching the brightness/contrast stick :-D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th September 2015, 06:35 PM
  2. Best FPV Goggles
    By tarun_27 in forum FAQs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 8th January 2015, 02:00 AM
  3. Best FPV goggles for the $$ and why?
    By Nucc10 in forum FAQs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24th November 2013, 09:48 PM
  4. Goggles
    By Av8Chuck in forum ReadyMadeRC
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th November 2011, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •