www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Ummagawd Come With CF or BF Installed?

Navigator

Does Ummagawd Come With CF or BF Installed?

Hello,

Does anyone know if CF or BF comes installed with the Ummagawd? Also, how would I know which version? Would it say on the OSD menu? I want to make sure I'm choosing the correct version when setting up switches (if having the correct version is necessary).

Thanks to anyone that could lend some guidance.

Jake

BF - and you can see it on the OSD screen.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk

Navigator
    [QUOTE=Mavericksan;838311]BF - and you can see it on the OSD screen.

Thank you very much for the help. I do not have my transmitter and receiver yet, so that helps me in preparing. Based on the particular version of BF that comes installed, would I have to use that exact version to create my switches? Or do I simply download whatever version of BF is available on Chrome and it will work? Sorry, I just don't understand this process yet.

Thanks,

Jake

[QUOTE=Pippy;838314]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavericksan View Post
    BF - and you can see it on the OSD screen.

Thank you very much for the help. I do not have my transmitter and receiver yet, so that helps me in preparing. Based on the particular version of BF that comes installed, would I have to use that exact version to create my switches? Or do I simply download whatever version of BF is available on Chrome and it will work? Sorry, I just don't understand this process yet.

Thanks,

Jake
    After you have bound and installed the receiver you go through a Vortex setup menu (not on the computer) to setup the TX when powering up the first time (don't forget to connect the FPV TX antenna to plug in before powering up). All is explained in the Vortex manual.

After this process you can connect to the computer and set your switches in the BF configurator, available as App from Chrome store. Another App is the Chrome Vortex configurator, which is used to flash new firmwares, when needed.

Pls. read the manual of the vortex 250 carefully it is all explained in there.

Navigator
    Thanks for the assistance!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmersionRC Support View Post
    Pls. read the manual of the vortex 250 carefully it is all explained in there.
    Thank you. I have read through the manual several times, but it did not answer the aforementioned questions. In the manual it says to use Cleanflight as well. Even on the packaging that my quad came in said that it was loaded with CF, which sounds to be inaccurate. My biggest question was which configurator (BF or CF) and VERSION of that configurator should be used for setting up switches after binding and running the wizard. In addition, I am unsure if the particular version I download from app store needs to be the exact version that the Ummagawd comes loaded with. I'm not talking about updates or flashing, just simply want to make sure that I have compatibility to go in and create switches--like arm/disarm, airmode, flight modes, etc. For example, if the quad comes loaded with BF version 2.6.1 and the version that downloads from the app store is labeled as 3.1.1, will they be compatible and allow me to set up switches, or do the 2 versions need to be the same (not flashing, just setting up switches).

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    Thank you. I have read through the manual several times, but it did not answer the aforementioned questions. In the manual it says to use Cleanflight as well. Even on the packaging that my quad came in said that it was loaded with CF, which sounds to be inaccurate. My biggest question was which configurator (BF or CF) and VERSION of that configurator should be used for setting up switches after binding and running the wizard. In addition, I am unsure if the particular version I download from app store needs to be the exact version that the Ummagawd comes loaded with. I'm not talking about updates or flashing, just simply want to make sure that I have compatibility to go in and create switches--like arm/disarm, airmode, flight modes, etc. For example, if the quad comes loaded with BF version 2.6.1 and the version that downloads from the app store is labeled as 3.1.1, will they be compatible and allow me to set up switches, or do the 2 versions need to be the same (not flashing, just setting up switches).
    You need to differentiate between the BF configurator and the BF FC firmware. Chrome appstore gives you the latest version of the configurator. On ImmersionRC website you will find and can download the latest and for the UMG released firmware. Flash the latest with the Vortex configurator (Chrome app as well as BF configurator).

What's written on the box and actually flashed on the quad might be different. Depending on the BF version available when it ships.

I don't think there are CF versions of the UMG around.....

Pls first fly with it with the firmware that is on it. There is no need to update it.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmersionRC Support View Post
    Pls first fly with it with the firmware that is on it. There is no need to update it.
    Thank you. I was planning on that. I just wanted to make sure I knew how to set the switches up.