www.immersionrc.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex 250 silver grounding bar

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverarrow66 View Post
    Because they are not really essential for the function of the quad. I have never had a issue with mine poping out, and I have really hit it hard, lol.
    That's fine, but that's also not the case here. He lost that part and needs another one.

The heat transfer is not really vital, because the air passing over and through the quad does more than a good job at cooling.
    Really? Tell that to those I read about saying they burned up their VTXs because they didn't know what that part did and left it out. IRC says it serves three functions. They put it in there for a reason.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandywc View Post
    That's fine, but that's also not the case here. He lost that part and needs another one.

- But why? It runs fine without one...

Really? Tell that to those I read about saying they burned up their VTXs because they didn't know what that part did and left it out. IRC says it serves three functions. They put it in there for a reason.
    I have been monitoring this forum for a little over a year now, I have not once seen a person complain about a burnt vtx due to a simple metal strap being missing. Most of the burnt vtx issue's I have seen are caused by the antenna not being attached, or a manufacturer defect. If this part was vital for the function of the vortex, and people were burning up vtx's right and left due to the missing strap, dont you think IRC would sell it?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverarrow66 View Post
    I have been monitoring this forum for a little over a year now, I have not once seen a person complain about a burnt vtx due to a simple metal strap being missing. Most of the burnt vtx issue's I have seen are caused by the antenna not being attached, or a manufacturer defect. If this part was vital for the function of the vortex, and people were burning up vtx's right and left due to the missing strap, dont you think IRC would sell it?
    Who knows what IRC's motivations are. But, one thing's for sure... Companies quite often either don't offer or drop support of critical spare parts for all sorts of things.

The straps main function is used the keep the vtx in place. The second function is extra heat dispensation. But that is only needed if you run it on your bench for a really long time on full power. While flying there should be no issue at all except for it possible popping out while crashing it hard.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmersionRC Support View Post
    No they are not available as a spare part.
    OK . . . so how are they available?

Navigator
    The straps main function is used the keep the vtx in place. The second function is extra heat dispensation. But that is only needed if you run it on your bench for a really long time on full power. While flying there should be no issue at all except for it possible popping out while crashing it hard.
    So, admittedly, is does have at least a main function with secondary functions. Why is this part not available as a spare? What am I going to discover when (not if) I need other critical parts for my Vortex 250 Pro? Are they not going to be available, either?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by fredskidoo View Post
    OK . . . so how are they available?
    Apparently, they aren't. And, no response in a week+ from IRC. Typical.

As I answered before we don't sell this item as a spare, sorry. But you could send an email to repairs@immersionrc.com and see if they can hook you up.

Navigator
    As I answered before we don't sell this item as a spare, sorry. But you could send an email to repairs@immersionrc.com and see if they can hook you up.
    Sad thing is I was strongly considering a Vortex 150 as a little brother to my 250, but I'm not buying another quad from a company that offers spare parts as a hail mary "maybe". I want to be able to order them and, you know, actually PAY money for them and that means they need to be available, not as some pie-in-the-sky wish from customer support with iffy response in the first place.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandywc View Post
    Sad thing is I was strongly considering a Vortex 150 as a little brother to my 250, but I'm not buying another quad from a company that offers spare parts as a hail mary "maybe". I want to be able to order them and, you know, actually PAY money for them and that means they need to be available, not as some pie-in-the-sky wish from customer support with iffy response in the first place.
    All of the vital parts needed to repair the vortex are all available!!! The silver band is practically useless, If You really want one, fallow IRC's advice and contact repairs.