www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Immersion RC Vortex 150 Mini Flashing/Betaflight/Vortex Configurator issue

Unhappy Immersion RC Vortex 150 Mini Flashing/Betaflight/Vortex Configurator issue

Hi
    First of all thank you for giving me the opportunity to ask for help on this forum.
    I landed here, because my retailer told me so. Also have to mention that I am very new to this hobby.
    But I'm already veeeeeery frustrated. Not only is flying a quadcopter very hard (in line of sight and fpv) also it seems that the technical issues that can occur are also not that easy to solve.

Here's my story for whom it may concern:
    As recommended on the immersion rc website i tried to update the firmware thru the vortex configurator. Worked like a charm for the osd part. But when I tried to do the same with the Betaflight fw(3.1.7) it failed ("No response from the bootloader, programming: failed"). Now I read in the forums that this is not an issue. (Though to me it seems a bit weird that when the software says that it failed, everything is fine...)
    Anyway I ignored this and started Betaflight and everything seemed ok. It connected and all. But when I checked the fw version it seemed to be the old version still. (unfortunately I don't remember what version it was)
    I set up everything and was able to take the quad for a spin or two. (it's really fckn hard!!)
    After my first flight I sat down and tried to upgrade the fw again. This time I used betaflight. I set up my vortex mini and hooked it up with usb and did all the steps. This time the vortex mini started to beep in 1 second intervals. According to a youtube video i's supposed to do that. I then selected the firmware and lo and behold it actually started to flash my fc! Hooray!! It even said verification ok! or something the likes at the end. I then went and unplugged everything, closed betaflight and reconnected everything and tried to connect to betaflight....... no luck. AND my quad was still beeping. It is in Fact still beeping when I hook up a lipo...
    Then i checked the video transmission on my fatshark and it displayed the message :"FlightController COM error. Retry to flash". And this is what i have been doing since. With no luck!!
    I believe I tried every solution I could find online. And there are many. I searched every fpv forum and tried everything. No luck.

Immersion claims that the FC cannot be bricked, since it's "read only memory" based. I wonder why I haven't been able to reset its former, working state, then?
    I updated every driver, i did the zardig thing, i found the ImpulseRC_Driver_Fixer. I followed every step of the Joshua Bardwell [video=youtube;Ur_mU7Eu69E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ygG6Y5zXI&t=229s"]tutorial[/URL], as well as the [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur_mU7Eu69E&t=274s[/video] of Project Blue Falcon.

I tried everything on my Mac and on a PC running windows 7. All the same. In every tutorial I watch, there is a slight difference in the issue that makes it nearly impossible to follow 100%.
    Anyway. When I read thru the forums I can tell that I am not the only one with these issues and that there are a lot of frustrated guys (and maybe gals?) out there.
    It's 2017 and technology and software development is so advanced! Why does this have to be so complicated? Heck, we are on the merge of having self-driving cars on the roads!

If anybody out there has maybe an idea on how I can solve this issue without a rocket-science degree from nasa or esa (same thing in europe) that'd be swell.
    Else i will probably
    a) buy a new FlightContoller board (to break again!?)
    b) buy something completely different
    c) find another hobby. Although i think this could be a fun one, once you get your quad in the air to actually learn to fly it.

Help will be much appreciated!
    Cheers

Hi you have the wrong combination of osd and fc firmware. Download the latest package and flash both parts again and then rerun the txwizzard.

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I got the newest version from the immersion rc website. Reflashed the OSD part. Worked! Then I unconnect everything and close vortex configurator. Then replug and reopen configurator and trying to flash the betaflight part. (Vortex Mini still beeping).
    Log says: Start flashing - Path: betaflight_3.1.7_IRCSYNERGYF3.hex, Size: 574.44 KB.
    progress bar says: stm32 - timed out, programming: FAILED.
    I know you mentioned that this doesn't matter, but how do I know when the flashing is done? And the Vortex never stops beeping.

... and still not working. OSD still says FlightCpntroller COM error.... retry to flash. I think this thing is dead.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Please contact repairs@immersionrc.com and see if they can assist you.

Navigator

did you,ever figure out the problem

Quote Originally Posted by dex27272 View Post
    Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I got the newest version from the immersion rc website. Reflashed the OSD part. Worked! Then I unconnect everything and close vortex configurator. Then replug and reopen configurator and trying to flash the betaflight part. (Vortex Mini still beeping).
    Log says: Start flashing - Path: betaflight_3.1.7_IRCSYNERGYF3.hex, Size: 574.44 KB.
    progress bar says: stm32 - timed out, programming: FAILED.
    I know you mentioned that this doesn't matter, but how do I know when the flashing is done? And the Vortex never stops beeping.
    did you ever get an answer?