FPVLAB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whats the top dog when it comes to long range control link?

I was an EzUHF user for many years, and still am, but I recently started with a Dragonlink V3 system and I'll have to give the nod to Dragonlink.
    There's no place I can't be / Since I found FPV / But you can't take the sky from me

And what about rangelink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Co-Pilot
    Dragonlink has worked great for me. The v3 system had been rock solid for me and gives me good range and telemetry info. The new gui update is good too. I really wanted the crossfire especially because of the size of the microrx. Unfortunately I don't like that it has so many issues with 1.2 and the relevant since on using other the products to make the most of the telemetry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post
    If you have a Dragonlink v2 update that to the last firmware they released and you should be good to go.I never had range issues with mine.Upgraded to Dragonlink v3 to play with telemetry and such .
    What is the new telemetry? Anything fancy that would be worth getting?

From what I can see the V2 dragon link and V3 when regards to control quality aren't much different.

Necroing this post!
    sum ting wong
    WI to low
    BANG DING OW -chatch

Sounds like a typical RcLab1 maiden flight to me -ssassen

Whatever. This forum sucks. -SENTRY

Co-Pilot
    As far as control range it probably wouldn’t be worth the upgrade if you have the v2. If you are changing to Dragonlink I would suggest getting the v3 so that you are more futureproofed even if you don’t need the telemetry. Seems any receiver past the micro they are only going to make compatible with the v3 tx. As far as the telemetry it’s nice but not necessary. With the microrx you can get telemetry out to 5-10 miles depending on environment and setup. With the high power rx you have telemetry range that matches control range. I have the dragonlink hooked to my vector and get all the relevant flight information as telemetry on my taranis and also hooked to phone for a live map.

I don't know what telemetry I would need. I'll have a OSD running with RSSI. So it's all going to be on the screen already.

My main concern was functionality. Which I can't find any big glaring warning signs out there regarding the V2 versus other systems or the V3.
    sum ting wong
    WI to low
    BANG DING OW -chatch

Sounds like a typical RcLab1 maiden flight to me -ssassen

Whatever. This forum sucks. -SENTRY

Pilot
    Yeah I don't really understand why anyone needs telemetry, unless you aren't using an OSD. Which then I would say, why aren't you using an OSD? lol

Anyway I use v7 Scherrer stuff and it's great of course, but expensive for those rx's.

But yeah telemetry for FPV?? I much prefer it on an OSD. Wish DL offered a cheaper version without telemetry I might consider switching. I used earlier versions of DL and didn't think it compared to Scherrer. But I've heard good things about V3

edit on second thought I guess some people use it for autonomous flights that go beyond their video tx's range since they are typically the limiting factor...
    Last edited by billyd; 26th February 2018 at 10:44 PM.

Co-Pilot
    Telemetry is not “needed” it can be nice to have. The uhf link will usually last longer than video so if you happen to go down the gps coordinates from the Dragonlink are likely to be more accurate than what you may have last seen on the OSD. It also is useful if you want a live map of the planes location. It saved me once when Rth wasn’t properly setup. My ground station got knocked over and pepperbox antenna damaged. We couldn’t get video on the crosshair and hit rth. Noticed on telemetry that it was still headed away. Using the map and heading I wa me able to fly it back into range of the crosshair blind other than my telemetry and map info.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234