Thread: FPV Goggles

Navigator

FPV Goggles

I need help with selecting goggles, maybe I'm being too anal about the correct choice and also being a little frugal. This would be my first set, I don't wear glasses. I'm using a ZeroZero cam on a Discovery and also have a x-racer. I'm not into serious racing just want the immersive effect. I'm using a TBS Tango so I don't necessarily need a receiver as I can just plug the goggles in to the transmitter. I might eventually upgrade the cameras to a better quality in the future so I want to keep that in mind for the goggle selection. I'll spend the 500 bucks on the HD3 if that makes the best choice, my other thoughts were on the Dominator v3's. So, I'm looking for your thought on the best choice.

There's basically two styles, the Fatshark type goggles, and the head mounted display like Headplay. Very different fit and feel between the two styes, best bet is find some folks using them and ask for a ride. With this being potentially the most expensive single RC related item you purchase, try before you buy is definitely important.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyathyrio View Post
    There's basically two styles, the Fatshark type goggles, and the head mounted display like Headplay. Very different fit and feel between the two styes, best bet is find some folks using them and ask for a ride. With this being potentially the most expensive single RC related item you purchase, try before you buy is definitely important.
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't know anyone that really flys drones. I almost ordered a Headplay type but decided on the HD3 from Fatshark. I hope they will be everything I'm expecting. Should have them Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk