Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ground fpv antenna choices

Agh ok. I haven't bought yet so was thinking 800 would be better than the fat shark 250mw I have at the moment. Do you think
    1.5watt rmrc would be best then? I only usually fpv in woods and quarries. The size of the 800 is actually quite small so maybe the 1.5watt would be a good idea. More gain on the antenna would achieve better results than more power?

Agh ok. I haven't bought yet so was thinking 800 would be better than the fat shark 250mw I have at the moment. Do you think
    1.5watt rmrc would be best then? I only usually fpv in woods and quarries. The size of the 800 is actually quite small so maybe the 1.5watt would be a good idea. More gain on the antenna would achieve better results than more power?

have just been checking out antenna for the uhf receiver and seen the coiled dipole suggested. while i was looking i seen the vas bazooka antenna. i can't find any information on this antenna but would this be a better choice? for ezuhf receiver mounted vertically?

The stock ezuhf sanders style antenna is not very good for range.For the RX you will be better off with any type of dipole.If you want to fabricate some kind of whip you can get a Dragonlink Dipole with a long cable so you can get it a foot or 2 in the air. You could also use a moxon on the tx which is directional and should double your range ,the beam width is 150 deg so quite wide.I also like the pepperbox for the vrx for the same reason that it is 13dbi and 145 degrees.All this ground pounder talk is making me want to work on my summit.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Some good information there! I ended up getting Diamond SHR77CA receive antenna for my rx, its 15" long, I'm pretty sure from reading the forum that it'll work and gets me off the floor a lot more than this sanders one does. The problem I have is that the rx won't be very high off the truck i.e it'll be inside for protection and connections. I also have a diamond srh771 tx antenna so both antenna for ez should be good. Hopefully anyways. I need to set my ezuhf transmitter onto uk frequency with the firmware next and once I get antenna should beable to give it a test. If anyone hs already changed firmware will this limit my power considerably ? I'm just glad I can make it legal and still have uhf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12