Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: usb to av/rca converter thing.

Navigator

usb to av/rca converter thing.

Hey guys.
    I am wondering if any of you guys use your laptop as a secondary monitor for fpv use.
    I believe it could be great for me but the problem I have if getting the AV cables to be read by my laptop.
    There are many converters on eBay but the problem I have is that I don't know what they are called so I can't search for reviews and such. Do any of you guys have something like this? And if so how much was it? Cheap is good.
    Elf.

You want this.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Navigator
    So the cheap copies don't work then?
    Thanks very much for the link btw.
    Elf.

The cheap copies may or may not work; i bought one locally at a computer store but its the same thing.. usb video capture. I figured 20 bucks was pretty cheap, myself. =]
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Yea, I thought I got the real deal but alas I did not. Can't get audio on mine but I'll just live with that for right now. I suppose if I really want the audio I could just run that in the mic jack. I really only want the audio for the tracking via immersion tools.
    KF7TRU, youtube.com/user/wildwill1970/videos, Skywalker 1680mm, RMRC 400mW 1280mhz vTx, Dragonlink V1, MFD ATT, Crosshair GSA 1280mhz

I use the Easycap with Videoglide for video recording. I wouldn't recommend flying from it because it drops a lot of frames when recording.

Brooks, N7BLD

I use virtualdub for recording; never had issues with dropped frames but i fly w/ dominators so the laptop is just for recording and spectator observation.

Navigator
    Don't use their included software for recording. It interprets video dropouts or static as Macrovision protection and stops the recording. As stated above, virtualdub works fine.

Navigator
    is there an alternative that also works?
    just looking at a few options.
    elf.

This is the one I use, although mine is a name brand and this looks to be a knockoff.
    For $7 it's worth a shot, I also use VirtualDub - if I'm going somewhere where people are since I got the FPV-Japan DVR recorder I don't want to lug the laptop with me.

http://www.amazon.com/EasyCAP-DC60-C...5138243&sr=8-1
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast